Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

#26 of 30: Maiden Voyage (in progress)

"Maiden Voyage" (In Progress) - 6x12 - Oil on Panel
"Viaje Inaugural" (En progreso) - 15x30 - Oleo


Well.... I thought I could do a quickish rendition of this and I am heading in a good direction but I think I need to call it a day as I am starting to get sloppy. The reason for this today is that it is my husband's birthday and one of his greatest passions in life is sailing. So I thought I would try and do a study for a larger painting for him. Last year we bought a new boat and this is a shot of us bringing the boat from Vancouver to Victoria. We are just heading out in this photo with the north Shore Mountains behind us. The sky got really dark at one point and the water turned a beautiful green/blue colour (but there was no storm :)  I spent a lot of time on the drawing today, making sure I got the right perspective and proportions of everything and I would say it reads pretty well. BUT if I start just putting lines  and changing the shapes too much, the whole thing will fall apart. So I am far enough into it to post it as is and I will keep on working on it this week. I'll post the finished one when it is done!  Happy Birthday Sweetie! Love You!

*****

Creí que iba a a poder hacer una rendición más o menos rápida hoy y me parece que voy bien encaminada pero estoy cansada y estoy a empezando a ponerme desprolija así que me parece mejor parar por el día. La razón de este cuadro hoy es que es el cumpleaños de mi esposo y una de sus grandes pasiones es la navegación. Por eso quise probar de hacer este estudio para un cuadro más grande para él. El año pasado compramos un velero nuevo y esta es una foto sacada cuando lo estábamos trayendo desde Vancouver a Victoria. Acabábamos de salir de Vancouver y esas son las montañas de la costa Norte que vamos dejando atrás. El cielo se puso oscuro en un momento y tornó el agua de un color verde azulado espectacular. Le dediqué mucho tiempo al dibujo hoy para asegurame de tener las proporciones y perspectiva correctas y me parece que está bastante bien pero si empiezo a poner líneas donde no hay o ha cambiar las formas se me va arruinar. Estoy lo suficientemente avanzada como para colgarlo y voy a seguirlo esta semana. Lo voy a publicar de nuevo acá una vez terminado. Feliz Cumple John! Te quiero mucho!

2 comments:

  1. Marcela this is going to be fabulous when it is done. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Di! I am looking forward to spending more time on it and then making it bigger!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...