Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

#18 of 30: Arbutus Study



"Arbutus Study" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Estudio de Arboles" - 12x17cm -Oleo
NFS



Yesterday I had done the drawing for 4 different forest and trees paintings. One was the one that didn't get  finished as it wasn't working out (but hasn't been wiped just quite yet, it may have a future....) This is one of the other drawings and I am happy I did it.... even when I am not thrilled with the results.

I follow a certain number of blogs which I read every morning. This morning lots of the ones I was reading kept coming back to the fact that we need to keep studying, focusing on the things that are difficult for us so we can learn them by doing them. If we keep painting things we are good at, we won't improve and be better. (which is the ship I am on right now :)  I am very focused on putting in time at the easel and learning to be patient (which I am not!) as results will follow the action!

By the way, I use an app called Feedly for reading the blogs I follow. I have created lists, I add the blogs I want to follow and they show up whenever they are posted.  Great App!


Anyway, I am happy with the fact that I got the likeness of the trees to a degree (I think). I am not happy in that it got very fiddley, rough, with lines that are not fluid or refined and I was not able to keep the backgraound colour clean. I guess I was trying to learn too many things on such a little canvas.  I was trying to portray a sense of fog in the backrough as well which I am not entirely sure I achieved... I may go back to it and see if I can refine some of the shapes (I probably need to go to the art supply store first though, I prefer to use larger brushes and I dont even own too many thinner ones which is what I needed for some super thin lines)


All in all, I learnt a lot  which  means then a good day!


*****

Ayer había echo los dibujos para 4 cuadros de bosques y árboles. Uno fue el que no terminé ayer porque no funcionaba (no lo he borrado del todo todavia, puede llegar a tener futuro) Este es otro de los dibujos y estoy muy contenta con haber pintado esto hoy.... aunque no esté demasiado contenta con los resultados.


Sigo una cierta cantidad de Blogs que leo todas las mañanas. Esta mañana, muchos de los que lei volvían a lo mismo: tenemos como artistas que seguir estudiando y enfocando en lo que nos resulta difícil para aprender. Si pintamos todo el tiempo cosas que nos resultan fáciles nunca vamos a avanzar y mejorar (y es ese el barco en el estoy subida en este momento :) Estoy poniendo mis energías en poner  horas en el atril y aprender a ser paciente (que no soy) ya que la acción va a significar resultados!
Para seguir todos los blogs uso una App que se llama Feddly, he creado listas de los distintos temas  y me aprecen cuando tienen algo nuevo. Es una gran App!

Entonces es por todo eso que estoy satisfecha con algunas cosas:  en que logré captar el espíritu del árbol en cierto grado (creo) (Es un árbol hermoso similar a los arrayanes que tenemos en Bariloche en el sur de Argentina). Pero no estoy contenta en que está trabajado de más, las lineas no son fluidas y no pude mantener el color de atrás limpio. Estaba tratando de mostrar niebla (que no se si lo logré) Tal vez le dedique mas tiempo para ver si puedo refinarlo un poco (pero voy a tener que ir a comprar pinceles mas finitos! prefiero pinceles mas gruesos y ni siquiera tengo unos tan finos!

Como conclusión: Aprendi mucho que entonces significa un buen día!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...