Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

#2 of 30: Christmas Cactus II


"Christmas Cactus II" - 6x8 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Cactus de Navidad II" 15 x 20 cm - Acrylico sobre Lienzo
$95



Well, after what seemed like a life time of waiting in different lines and different airports we made it back to Canada where there is frost on the ground, fires going and loads and loads of things to put away!  I felt VERY disorganized to get started this morning with suitcases surrounding me, jet lag, laundry and a somewhat messy studio. I was also thinking hard on what to paint as I have lots of ideas and things I want to paint but I had wanted to limit the challenge to only some things. For example, I had thought I would only work from life as it is infinetely easier for me to paint from photographs than it is to paint from real life and this challenge is personally all about working on areas that are challenging/difficult for me. But I caved in and printed a photograph as I wanted to give the cactus another chance. I had rushed it on the first day and here it is. A different shot, a different plant actually as my parents have a few pots with them hanging on that window and I am somewhat pleased with it. Of course as soon as I post it here I see all the things that I need to change in it and I may still do that! 
I actually worked on a second one at the same time, yes, another cactus which is working and half way there. Hopefully will be able to finish that one tomorrow and do a second one to be able to get caught up!

*****

Bueno, despues de esperar lo que pareció toda una vida en colas y distintos aeropuertos hemos regresado a Canada donde hay escarcha en el suelo, fuegos en los hogares y pilas y pilas de cosas por guardar! Me sentí por supuesto MUY desorganizada esta mañana rodeada de valijas, jet lag, ropa sucia y un taller un poco desordenado. También estaba deliberando qué pintar ya que tengo muchas ideas y cosas por pintar pero quería inicialmente limitar este desafío a ciertas cosas. Por ejemplo, había pensado que tal vez iba a pintar cosas que reales y no de fotos ya que es muchísimo más fácil patra mí pintar de fotos y en este desafío quiero concentrarme en cosas que me resultan mas dificiles o me dan trabajo. Pero finalmente me rendí hoy, imprimí una foto ya que me había quedado con ganas de pintar ese cactus de nuevo. Es una foto diferente, otra toma y es en realidad otra planta ya que mis padres tienen varias macetas colgadas en una ventana. Estoy mediamente conforme con como salió. Por supuesto, apenas la pongo acá en el blog veo todas las cosas que tengo que cambiar (y tal vez lo haga!)
Hoy trabajé en dos piezas al mismo tiempo, si, otro cactus que va bien y va por la mitad. Mañana voy a terminar ese and ojalá poder terminar una segunda para poder ponerme al día!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcela ~ lovely lovely Christmas Cactus! Good to have you back in town. Paint on! Cheers, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di! It was fun to paint (but a bit hard to really get into it with the traveling right there at the beginning!) Are you enjoying yourself??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...