Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

#30 of 30: Muddy Feet


"Muddy Feet" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Pies con barro" - 15x15 - Ole
NFS

About 6 years ago I started running. I had never done it in my life and never in a million years did I think I would accomplish as much as I have in that department. From not running at all to running a marathon a couple of years ago, proves to me that if you put the effort into something, it can be done.

Anyway, I have met of course a whole new bunch of friends through running, the social aspect is one of the reasons I do it. We have spent many many hours together in trails, roads, mountains and rivers. Yes, rivers, lakes, puddles, rain, snow, ice, you name it. A few years ago, we went as always for a Sunday morning run to Elk/Beaver Lake here in town. It has a 10 k loop around the 2 lakes and there are a few trails to add if you want to. It had been raining a LOT in Victoria that previous week and we set out happily on me of those extra trails knowing we would find some mud. (Yes, we would splash and jump in the puddles like little kids every single chance we had).  This photo is not that day but a different one, you get the idea. 

After about 1.5 k we got to a spot that was a bit flooded..... We thought it was only a bit and then we saw the dog not walking but swimming!  Into the water we went and I ended up with water up to my waist!  We have never seen that much water and mud in that trail before! After getting out of the worst (or best) part we took this picture and I have wanted to paint it for a long time. We were muddy, cold as heck but laughing our guts out. It was one of the best runs I have ever done. Thank You my friends! Lots of good memories!
This is number 30 in the challenge and I am glad and sad at the same about it being finished. It took me a while to really get into it this time because of the trip at the beginning but I am very glad to have done it again. I believe daily practise, just like daily training for running the marathon, gives results, helps growth and plan to keep painting if not daily, almost. I am glad to having been "in my room" for a month!

*****
Hace más o menos 6 años empecé a correr. Nunca lo había echo en mi vida y nunca en un millón de años yo me hubiera imaginado que iba a lograr todo lo que logrado con este deporte. De no correr nada a correr una maratón hace un par de años, prueba de que si se pone el esfuerzo se puede conseguir mucho. 

Por supuesto que en estos años he conocido todo un grupo de amigos, el aspecto social es una de las razones por lo que lo hago. Hemos pasado muchas horas juntos en senderos, calles, montañas y ríos, Sí, ríos, lagos, charcos, lluvia, nieve, hielo, lo que quieran. hace unos años, fuimos como siempre a hacer la corrida del fin de semana  a el Lago Elk/Beaver acá en la ciudad. Tiene un circuito de 10 km alrededor de los dos lagos y hay también algunos senderos extra que se pueden agregar. Había estado lloviendo muchísimo  en Victoria las semana anteriore y empezamos contentos porque sabíamos que íbamos a encontrar barro. (Si, saltamos en los charcos como chiquitos cada vez que podemos; la segunda foto no es de ese día si no de otro día, como para que se den una idea). Después de más o menos 1.5 km llegamos a una parte que estaba un poco inundada.... Creíamos que era sólo un poco pero después vimos que el perro no caminaba si no que nadaba! Seguimos al perro y terminé con agua hasta la cintura! Nunca habíamos visto tanta agua y barro es ese sendero! Después de salir de la peor (o mejor) parte nos sacamos esta foto y hace mucho que la quería pintar. Estábamos super embarrados, muertos de frío pero matándonos de risa. Fue una de las mejores corridas de mi vida. Gracias Amigos! Muchos buenos recuerdos! 

Esta es la número 30 y el fin de este desafío y estoy contenta y triste de que termine. Me costó al principio meterme con todo por el viaje pero estoy muy contenta con haberlo echo de nuevo. Creo que la práctica diaria, igual que el entrenamiento diario para una maratón, da resultados: ayuda al crecimiento y voy a seguir pintando casi a diario.  Estoy contenta de haber estado "en mi pieza" durante un mes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...