Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 1 of 30: Christmas Cactus (#42)

"Christmas Cactus" - Acrylic on Canvas - 6x8
"Cactus de Navidad" - Acrílico sobre lienzo - 15x20cm
$90


I have been in Argentina for the last 20 days and I had the best of intentions to paint but as I said before it has been way too hot (around 35 to 44 degrees Celcius). Today, however, temperatures have cooled down a bit and being the first day of the year I got up and painted this cactus my mom and dad have in a pot hanging form the wall in a patio. It is also the first painting of the 30 day challenge. I am under pressure as I will loose a couple of days in transit on our way back to Canada so wanted to at least have one under my belt. It is not a wow but it is a start!!! Have to pack tomorrow so I am not sure I'll be able to do number 2.... Actually I should have been packing this morning :) Happy New Year everyone! Off to the pool now, the way we spend New years day here in Argentina!!

*****

Hace 20 días que estamos en Argentina y tenía las mejores intenciones de pintar pero como dije antes ha estado demasiado caluroso! (De 35 a 44 grados Celcius). Hoy, sin embargo, las temperaturas han bajado un poco y ya que es el primer día del año me levanté y pinté este cactus que mi mamá y papá tienen en una maceta colgada en un patio. Hoy es también el primer día del Desafío de 30 en 30. Estoy bajo presión ya que voy a perder un par de días en tránsito volviendo a Canadá y quería tener una aunque sea en la manga. No está espectacular pero es un comienzo!!! Mañana es día de armar valijas así que no se si voy a poder hacer la número 2.... Tendría que haber estado armando valijas hoy en realidad. :) Feliz Año Nuevo para Todos! Me voy a la pileta ahora, es así como pasamos el primer día del año en Argentina!!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty Marcela! I love all of the colours that you have used in the foilage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shar! I've been looking at those pots all month. It was fun to paint after too many weeks of not painting! I wish I could paint another one today but I must pack :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...