Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

#11 of 30: Lemons



"Lemons" - 5x7 - Oil
"Limones" - 12 x 17 - Oleo

Well....  I decided today since I had the whole day to paint (and I had been having too much fun last week with the landscapes) to get back to "work" and do a still life. These lemons were the subject of choice and here they are after waaaayyyyyyyyy too many hours working on them. I ended up with enough paint on that canvas to paint about 5 paintings and it will take weeks to dry! Things were really not working out. I changed the composition half way through it as well: I had only 4 lemons and I ended up adding the 5th one, which was a good move.  I am not thrilled with it but it was a good study. Painting is hard work!!! Looking forward to tomorrow.

*****

Bien, hoy decidí que ya que tenía el dia enteros para pintar (y me habia divertido  mucho estos últimos días con los paisajes) me iba a poner a "trabajar" y hacer otra naturaleza muerta. Estos limones fueron los elegidos y acá están después de demasiadas horas con ellos! Terminé con suficiente pintura en ese lienzo como para pintar 5 cuadros y va a llevar semanas para secarse.! La verdad es que las cosas no  funcionaron muy bien hoy. Cambié la composición a la mitad: tenía sólo 4 limones y termine agregando un quinto que fue una buena decisión. No estoy muy satisfecha con como salió todo pero es un buen estudio y fue un buen ejercicio. El pintar es trabajo duro!!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love these lemons! You've captured the colour and light,,,, I can smell the citrus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Di!! They gave me a LOT of trouble and in the end they worked out (somewhat!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...