Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

#21 of 30: Glass Pebbles and Snowdrops



"Glass Pebbles and Snowdrops" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Piedritas de Vidrio y Campanitas" - 12x17cm - Oleo

SOLD

I was debating what to paint today: glass, snowdrops, shells, a landscape from a photo? So I finally decided to start arrangiung some  bottles. It was looking a bit too boring so I went outside, cut a few snowdrops, put them in a bottle and in that way painted both: glass and flowers! I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out. Camila (my daughter) had some glass pebbles in the vase which added interest to the whole thing.I left on purpose  some of the drawing colour peeking through, Transparent Earth Orange, which is what I normally use.  I like the glow it adds. I also considered using a different background cloth but settled  for white to keep practising  white on white which turns into value and temperature studies.  Fun stuff! (Maybe the next one will be on different colour??)

*****

Hoy estaba tratando de decidir qué pintar: vidrio, flores, caracoles, un paisaje de alguna foto? Finalmente decidí empezar a arreglar algunas botellas pero estaba un poco aburrido asi que fui afuera, corté una campanitas, las puse dentro de una de las botellas y de esa forma pinté las 2 cosas: vidrio y flores! estoy bastante satisfecha con como me quedó. Camila (mi hija) tenia una piedritas de vidirioo dnetro del florero que agregaron un poco de interés. Deje a propósito pedacitos del color que usé  para el dibujo que lo había  echo con el color que siempre uso, Naranja Tierra Transparente. Me gusta el tono que le da. Consideré usar un fondo de distinto color pero me quedé con blanco para de esa forma pintar blanco sobre blanco que se transforma en un ejercicio de valores y temperatura.  Cosas muy entretenidas! (Tal vez mañana sea en fondo de otro color??)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...