Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

#3 of 30: Christmas Cactus III



"Christmas Cactus III" - 6x8 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Cactus de Navidad" - 15x20 - Acrilico sobre Lienzo
$95





Well here is offering number 3 and I do promise I will get caught up!  As I said yesterday I still had one cactus left in me.  All of the purples and pinks were what attracted me to them as well as the arches in the 2 previous ones and the vertical patterns that were created by the branches in this one one in particular. I also liked the Maidenhair Fern that grew out of the hole in the bottom of the pot! I have always loved that kind of fern (which I cannot grow very well here in Canada since it is an indoor plant here and the rooms are very dry for them)
I am not loving what I am creating this time so tomorrow I am going to dive back into the world of oils and I am very excited about that! Haven't decided yet if I am going to continue painting random things I choose daily or if I am going to box myself into something..... we will see :) I'd better go tidy up those oil paints and be ready for tomorrow!

*****

Bueno, aquí está mi ofrecimiento número 3 y prometo que me voy a poner al día! Como dije ayer todavía me quedaba un cactus adentro! Los colores morados y rosados fue lo que mas me atrajo de estas plantas y la razón por las que las pinté además de los arcos que las ramas formaban en las dos anteriores y las líneas verticales que se crearon en esta. También me gustó el culandrillo que creció del hueco de abajo de la maceta. Siempre me ha encantado el culandrillo (y no lo puedo hacer crecer bien acá en Canadá ya que es planta de adentro y los ambientes son demasiado secos)
No estoy para nada contenta con lo que he estado creando así que mañana vuelvo al mundo de los óleos y estoy entusiasmada con eso! No he decidido todavía si voy a continuar pintando  cosas que elijo a diario de acuerdo a lo que tenga ganas de pintar ese día o si me voy a exigir un poco mas de estructura.... Veremos :)  Me voy a ordenar los óleos!! 

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you just get back from a holiday?? Holy Smokes, I am impressed with your fortitude, like the painting too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary Ann! Yep, I just did!! Painted #1 just before packing, travelled for 2 days and got started here again after losing 3 days but I will get caught up (eventually!) I must say though, it has been hard to feel organized and REALLY get into it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...