Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

#27 of 30: Primula

"Primula" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Prímula" - 15x15 - Oleo
$75
After many days of accuracy, measuring and drawing I felt like some colour and fun! I had stopped at Canadian Tire to pick up some pansies and primroses. I had a pocket of about 50 minutes this morning before having to go out so I said ok, let's see where I get with it in only that time.  I was mostly interested in values and colour. It took me a good 10 minutes to find a composition that I liked and I just went for it. This is where I was at 40 minutes of painting. 

After I took the photograph and came back to it with fresh eyes a couple of hours later, I was happy with it. I liked the spontaneous strokes and the general feel of it. I still wanted to get it a bit cleaned up and correct some things. I think I may have lost some of the values I had achieved with the initial sketch but I dont  want to overwork it. It is clear to me after this painting that I need to get to know my reds. I was struggling with the transparent reds on my palette.... This all can only mean more small red paintings in the future :)  I like the composition the best about this painting. My apologies for the glare, the wet paint is hard to photograph (and in bad light too) 

*****
Después de muchos días de medidas, dibujo y precisión hoy tenía ganas de color y de algo mas relajado. Había parado en Canadian Tire para comprar unos pensamientos y unas prímulas. Tenía un rato de mas o menos 50 minutos esta mañana antes de tener que salir y me dije bueno, veamos hasta dónde llego en ese tiempo. Estaba especialmente interesada en claros y oscuros  y en color. Tardé como 10 minutos en encontrar la composición que quería y ahi me largué. La segunda foto es hasta donde habia llegado a los 40 minutos de pintar. 
Despuéss de que tomé la foto y volví con ojos frescos un par de horas después, estaba contenta con lo que había echo. Me gustaba la espontaneidad y el tono general pero me hacía falta limpiarla un poco y corregir algunas cosas. tal vez perdí algunos de los oscuros pero no quiero trabajarla demasiado. Me resulta claro, después de este cuadro que tengo que practicar mis rojos para conocer los pigmentos que tengo. Me costó usar unos pigmentos transparentes que tengo en la paleta. .... esto sólo quiere decir que pueden esperar pinturas rojas en el futuro! Lo que mas me gusta de este cuadro es la composición. Disculpas por el brillo, es dificil sacarle foto sin buena luz a la pintura mojada.




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...