Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

#22 of 30: Ink Bottle and Snowdrops


"Ink Bottle with Snowdrops" - 6x6 - Oil in Canvas
"Tintero con Campanitas" -  15x15 - Oleo
$75


I am stuck in the glass and snowdrops theme it seems and I don't mind that one single bit because I am enjoying it a lot! I wanted to try them on a different colour background to see how that affected the whole thing. I chose green and in this case used 2 different pieces of green cloth. This was one of those paintings that goes into its own direction right from the beginning so I got out of the way and let that happen! I wanted to go back to leaving the brushstrokes showing which I like so much. The challenge was the vase/bottle for sure, it has all those facets which made the shapes and colours inside very hard to believe. It is actually a very old ink bottle, part of my daughter's bottle collection. I liked the shadows as well as part of the whole thing.
Something that I am using more and more as a tool is the camera (on the iPad). Half way through the painting, I take a shot of it in progress and the minute I see it on the screen I see the things that need to be changed. Very useful tool. The annoying thing is when I think I am done, I photograph it, come to write the blog and once I put it on here, I go, oh no, I HAVE to go change THAT, once I thought it was finished!

*****

Parece que estoy atrapada en el tema de vidrio y campanitas de invierno lo cual no me molesta en absoluto porque lo estoy disfrutando mucho! Quería probarlos con otro color de fondo para ver cómo eso afecta el resto. Elegí color verde y en este caso, 2 telas de distintos verdes. Esta fue una de esas pinturas que toman su propia dirección enseguida y lo que hice fue hacerme a un lado y dejar que ocurriera no más! Quería volver a dejar las pinceladas bien marcadas que me gusta tanto. El desafío hoy fue con seguridad la botella/florero, tiene todas seas caras o facetas que hacía que los colores y las formas fueran bastante difícil de creer. Esa botella es un tintero antiguo, parte de la collección de botellas de mi hija Camila. También me gustaron las sobras de las flores como parte de la composición  general. 
Una herramienta que estoy usando cada vez más es la cámara del IPad. En cualquier etapa, saco fotos del cuadro y apenas las veo en la pantalla puedo ver las cosas que tengo que corregir. Una herramienta muy útil. Lo que más da bronca es cuando creo que ya está listo, empiezo a escribir el blog y cuando subo la foto veo y digo: Oh No, TENGO que sí o si cambiar tal cosa cuando creía que ya estaba terminado!

2 comments:

  1. I just love this Marcela! You've rendered the bottle beautifully. The glass, shadow, snowdrops, it is all gorgeous. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Thank You Di! it was fun but a tricky one to figure out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...