Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

#13 of 30: Rebels on my Work Table



"Rebels on my Work Table" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Rebeldes sobre mi mesa de trabajo" - 12x17 cm - Oleo
$75

I got tupils a couple of days ago because I love them and because they a sure sign of spring around the corner. That was a nice thought 2 days ago as the weather has been bad since our return from Argentina.(Today we had sun though!)  I, for some reason, chose to paint lemons the other day instead of the beautiful tulips. They had been sitting in my studio against the window and I particularly liked them in contrast to the grayness outside. I lit them from the side to get some highlights on them and away I went. I set the timer for 45 minutes, that is all I had this morning before heading out to a meeting and to my surprise, 90% of the painting was done by the time the timer went off. Came back this afternoon to give it an extra half an hour and it was done. Now that I look at the painting not under my working light, I can see the cool lighting they had on them  as lots of it was coming from the windwon. I will wait until it is dry and MAY try a warm glaze overtop to warm it up a bit (or not).  I will probably try another painting of them again before they totally fade. The title came because the hardest thing today was to get them to stay put in a pleasing arrangement. I wanted them to get a bit more vertical, at least a couple of them but no! They wanted to droop down.... I let them be..... there are some battles that are not worth fighting for!


*****

Vi tulipanes el otro día en uno de los supermercados y tuve que comprarlos porque me encantan y porque son un signo seguro de que la primavera está muy cerca. Ese fue un pensamiento muy positivo ya que el tiempo ha estado horrible desde que volvimos de Argentina (Hoy tuvimos sol!) Por alguna razón, decidí no pintarlos el otro día y pintar los limones.  Los había puesto sobre la mesada en mi taller y me gustaban como quedaban en contraste con los grises que habia afuera. Los iluminé de un costado para que tuvieran algunas partes mas iluminadas y empecé. Puse el reloj para que me sonara a los 45 minutos, ese era todo el tiempo que teia antes de ir a una reunión, y me sorprendi al ver que el 90% del cuadro estaba listo. Volvi esta tarde, le di media hora mas y estuvo listo.Ahora que veo el cuadro fuera de mi lampara de trabajo, veo la la tonalidad fria que tienen ya que estaban principalmente iluminados por la luz que entraba por la ventana. Voy a esperar a que  la pintura este seca y  TAL VEZ le de toda una capa mas calida. (O no, veré). Probablemente los pinte de nuevo antes de que se marchiten. El titulo salió porque lo mas dificil hoy fue hacer que los tulipanes se quedaran quietos en un arreglo que fuera mas o menos agradable. Yo queria que aunque sea un par estuvieran mas verticales pero no!  Querian  estar tirados hacia abajo..... lo dejé no mas..... hay algunas batallas que no vale la pena pelear!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, beautiful! I love the composition. Your single tulip is also well done. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...