Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

#23 of 30: All lined up


"All lined up" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Todas en fila" - 15x15cm - Oleo
$75

So I wanted to get back to the bottles and I wanted to paint them more from a front view than above so I set them up and liked the composition right away. I also wanted to work on cloth which I have not had much experience with. Enjoyed creating this one. The blues were of course tricky to get, specially the aqua one, had to mix in quite a few blues there and it was a process of layering colour over colour. The one in the centre was the trickiest one. There were a few lost edges that I wanted to make sure stayed but every time I left them, it made it look off. I am pleased overall and onto the next one today, hopefully it works out and I get caught up!

*****

Quería volver a las botellas y quería pintarlas desde adelante no desde arriba como he estado haciendo. Las puse en fila y me gustó la composición de entrada. Quería también trabajar con la tela ya que no tengo no tengo mucha experiencia con ese tema. Disfruté mucho del proceso con esta. Los azules por supuesto fueron complicados, especialmente el turquesa y fue cuestion de poner capas de distintos colores. La botella del medio fue la más difícil. Tenía "bordes perdidos" (que decimos en inglés)  que quería asegurarme que estuvieran pero si los dejaba se deformaba todo. Estoy satischa con esta pieza y me voy a hacer la segunda, para ver si me puedo poner al día!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...