Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

#16 of 30: Bottles

"Bottles" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Botellas" - 12x17cm
$75

This is the other set up I had yesterday which I didn't use.  It Is just a VERY SMALL sample of my daughter's bottles collection.  I could (and will) paint so many paintings just from those! I started it with a bit of fear as I was afraid I would get too fussy with it and overwork it. The hardest thing was to determine in some cases what the true local colour was due to all the transparencies and layers. It was fun though to block in the big shapes and then just slowly but surely find the smaller shapes in them. I am fairly pleased with the outcome and with my new exploration of glass. :)
I should add that I only had just over an hour to work on it. I am happy about not haven't had too much time to devore to it as I could have kept on refining it forever but just as yesterday I prefer the fresher look.

*****

Este es el otro arreglo que tenía ayer que no usé. Es una PEQUEÑA parte de la collección de botellas de mi hija. Podría pintar tantos cuadros con ellas!!  (esa es mi intención). Lo empecé con un poco de temor ya que tenía miedo de quedarme atrapada en los detalles y trabajarla demasiado. Lo más difícil fue determinar en muchos casos el color local de algunas de las piezas debido a las transparencias y a las distintas capas de vidrio. La mejor parte fue bloquear las formas principales y después empezar a desmenuzar las formas más pequeñas dentro de las grandes. Estoy bastante satisfecha con el resultado y con mi nueva exploración del vidrio. :)
Debería agregar que solamente tenía un poquito más de una hora para pintar esto. Estoy muy contenta con eso ya que podría haber seguido poniendo detalles pero prefiero que quede más espontánea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...