Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

#29 of 30: Waiting to Be Planted

"Waiting to be Planted" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Esperando Ser Plantadas" - 15x15cm Oleo
$75


These are some of the plants I bought the other day, the idea was to paint them, then plant them and enjoy them! They have been sitting on my work table and they caught my attention all grouped like that, just like at the nursery. I moved them to a better place to become the models, put a light on them and I started! I was mostly interested in the colour and the "busy-ness" of the composition and wanted to see if I could make it work. I was at the time listening to an interview with Artist Ken Auster. I had blocked in the colours and main shapes, was putting some darks and lights and then he started talking about painting from passion and not thinking. I realized that I was starting to think, to get tight and try to "correct" things. That is when I stepped back, looked and said, I think it is done. As I was trying to "finish" it, I was starting to lose the sponteaneous feel the piece had until then. So then, I stopped. :)
(I wish I could type in here and share with you  the scent those primroses were giving! Absolutely beautiful! I will plant them next week maybe, I am not done with them yet,)

*****

Estas son algunas de las plantas que compré el otro día; la idea es que las iba a pintar y después plantar y disfrutar! Estaban todas agrupadas en mi mesa de trabajo y me llamaron la atención así como grupo, como cuando están en el vivero. Las moví a una mesa donde se convirtieron en modelos, les puse una luz y empecé. Estaba especialmente interesada en los colores y en la cantidad de información que había y quería ver si podía hacer funcionar esa composición. En ese momento estaba escuchando a una entrevista con un artista llamado Ken Auster. Había bloqueado los colores  y las formas principales, estaba poniendo más sombras y luces y  Ken empezó a hablar de pintar con pasión y sin pensar. Me dí cuenta en ese momento que estaba empezando a pensar, a concentrarme en los detalles y a tratar de corregir cosas. Fue ahí cuando me retiré un poco, la miré y dije, "Me parece que está lista". Al tratar de "terminarla", estaba empezando a perder la espontaneidad que había logrado. Entonces paré. 
(Ojalá pudiera escribir y compartir con uds. el aroma que estaban largando las prímulas! Hermosísimo! Las voy a plantar la semana que viene tal vez, todavía no he terminado con ellas!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...