Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

#4 of 30: I don't really fit in here, do I?

"I do t really fit in here, do I?" - 8x10 - Oil on Canvas
"Acá no encajo, no?" - 20x25 - Oleo sobre Lienzo
$120

Ahhhh...... What a struggle today! I knew it would be a switch, to go back to oils but I bit more than I could chew today and this is as far as I go on this one tonight (I may touch up the pear and the orange on the left, I think they need some brighter/lighter values on them, now that I see it posted) I decided to set up a still life because, as I said yesterday, I feel that is where I mostly need to work. I also believe that is where I am going to learn the most. I had an idea which I liked but then the composition I wanted wasn't fitting on the format I had. Ok, changed the composition to make it work better and I am still not convinced it does.... I ended up painting the whole day with a LOT of interruptions as there were some errands and work to get done, kids needed picking up from school and driven around to different activities and then on top of that they wanted dinner!!!... the nerve of them!!   (My husband works out of town and this week he is not home to help out with those domestic delights!)  Then, when I paint in oils  I always start very tidily, with everything organized and in its place, gloves on and all that..... By the end of the painting gloves are nowhere to be found, there are painting tubes all over the place, I have about 20 brushes dirty and paint ALL Over myself! Tonight, I even had a red nose by the time I looked at myself in the mirror while cleaning up! Ok, enough whining, onto the next one tomorrow!! (Lysanne, I should have stayed with a landscape!! much easier!!)

****

Ahhhh..... Que lucha hoy! Sabía que iba a ser un cambio volver a los óleos  pero hoy mordí más de lo podía masticar y hasta acá llego con esta. (Tal vez retoque la pera y la naranja de la izquierda, me parece que necesitan valores más claros, ahora que la veo acá en el blog) Decidí armar una naturaleza muerta porque, como dije ayer, creo que es eso en lo más práctica necesito. Pienso también que es así como más voy a aprender. Tenía una idea en mente pero la composición no funcionaba con el formato que tenía. Ok, cambié la composición un poco para que funcionara aunque no estoy todavía convencida que si funciona. Terminé pintando todo el día ya que tuve MUCHAS interrupciones: hubo algunos trámites y trabajo que hacer, tuve que buscar a los chicos de la escuela y llevarlos a otras actividades y después encima de todo eso querían cenar!!! Las ideas de estos chicos!! (My esposo trabaja en otra ciudad y esta semana no está en casa para ayudar con esas delicias domésticas!) Otra cosa, cuando pinto con óleos siempre empiezo con todo muy ordenado, todo organizado, en su lugar, con los guantes puestos y todo eso.... Cuando termino, tengo pomos de pintura por todos lados, tengo aproximadamente 20 pinceles sucios y  pintura por TODOS lados! Los guantes hace rato que terminaron en la mesa y esta noche hasta tenía la nariz roja cuando me miré en el espejo cuando me limpiaba! Bueno, basta de quejas, seguimos con la próxima mañana! (Lysanne, debería haber echo un paisaje, muchísimo más fácil!) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Marcela, I think that it is lovely. You have some really beautiful texture in the oranges and lovely shadows!!
    I laugh at us, . . .you say you struggle with still lifes and I struggle so much with landscapes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Shar! I was thinking of you as I was typing that!!! I guess if we stick with them we will feel more comfortable with them eh??
      Thanks so much for your kind words :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...