Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

30 Paintings in 30 Days





Wow! I can't believe it is over! At times it seemed the end was so far away and yet, here we are. I love doing this, I love studying things and this challenge is like doing homework everyday. It gives me the chance to build my skills from one day to the next one. When I did the one last September I was just getting started with oils and it gave me  a chance to understand how the medium works. Work got busy after September and  I didn't have a chance to paint too much so these 30 days have again given me the opportunity to keep playing with oils. I don't love everything I created this month but I do like quite a few of them,  a lot!  I will certainly keep exploring some of the subjects I visited this month. Practice makes perfect right? I know my work  won't be perfect but it will be better for sure!

Last September it was only Sharlene Stushnov-Lee and myself that did the 30 days in Victoria. Well..... word got around and we managed to "invite" a few more local artists to do it with us! Please take a moment to visit them and see the wonderful art they created in the last 30 days! A huge congratulations to all! It was very nice to have the companionship this time around!  Linda Anderson, Barbara Callow, Gerry Meller, June Haynes, Mary Ann Laing, Jean Whilsmhurst , Kathy Cameron (and I hope I am not forgetting anyone) 

A huge thank you to Leslie Saeta who organized this all again. Visit her blog where you can also see the artwork created by herself as well as the other 400 artists that participated  in this challenge. It has been  very inspiring! Hope she does it again this year.....  Leslie also has an internet radio talk show that I listen to often while I paint. There is a lot of good information like interviews with other artists,  marketing, art and painting. It is calles Artists Helping Artists Blog.

And of course a huge thank you to everyone that cheered and encouraged during the last 30 days! It has been fun sharing with you! Thanks to those that purchased some of them too!  A girl needs to maintain her own bad habits you know: canvas, paint and running shoes! I have a Facebook page called Marcela Strasdas - Artist , like it if you haven't yet! 

Hope you enjoyed  this month! Thanks for stopping by!

*****

Wow! No puedo creer que se haya acabado! En algunos momentos parecía que no se terminaba más y sin embargo acá estamos. Me encanta hacer esto, me encanta estudiar cosas y este desafío es como hacer deberes todos los días. Me da la oportunidad de mejorar mis habilidades a diario. Cuando hice el anterior en Septiembre del año pasado, están recién empezando con óleos y pude entender mejor  y practicar cómo funcionan. Estuve muy ocupada con trabajo después de eso y no pude pintar mucho así que estos 30 días me han permitido seguir jugando con ellos. No me encanta todo lo que produje este mes peor si me gustan algunas, MUCHO! Voy a seguir con seguridad explorando muchas de los temas que toqué este mes. La práctica lleva a la perfección, no? Yo sé que mi arte no va a ser perfecto pero seguro va a ser mejor!

En septiembre del año pasado éramos solamente dos las que lo hicimos acá en Victoria. Sharlene  Stushnov-Lee y yo. Parece que se corrió la bolilla porque se nos unieron unos cuantos más!! Vean lo que ellos han creado en estos últimos 30 días!  Muchas felicitaciones para todos! Fue muy bueno tener el compañerismo esta vez. Linda Anderson, Bárbara Callow, Gerry Meller, June Haynes, Mary Ann Laing, Jean Whilmshurst, Kathy Cameron. (Y espero no olvidarme de nadie) (En la versión en inglés están todos los links, por favor usen esos ya que no tengo tiempo de buscarlos de nuevo para ponerlos acá!) 

Muchísimas gracias para Leslie Saeta que organizó todo esto de nuevo. Visiten su blog donde pueden ver lo que Leslie y los otros 400 artistas crearon durante este desafío. Da mucha inspiración. Espero  que lo haga de nuevo este año. Leslie también tiene un programa de radio que a veces escucho mientra pinto. Tiene mucha información como entrevistas con otros artistas, marketing, arte y pintura. Se llaman Artistas Ayudando a Artistas. 

Y por supuesto muchísimas gracias a todos los que hicieron la barra y alentaron ya sea acá o en Facebook. He distrustado mucho de compartir este mes con uds! Gracias a todos los que compraron algunos de los cuadros también! Esta chica tiene que mantener sus adicciones: lienzos,pintura y zapatillas!!
Si no lo han echo ya y les interesa, gusten Marcela Strasdas - Artist en Facebook. 

Esperon que hayan disfrutado de este mes! Gracias por visitar!



3 comments:

  1. Your work is so wonderful Marcela, such a joy to see it each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sheila! It is very appreciated! It has been nice to connect! Congratulations on finishing your challenge!

      Delete
    2. Sheila, what is your blog? I think I know who you are but want to make sure!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...