Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

Day 8 of 30: January Morning

"January Morning" - 11x14 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Mañana de Enero" - 28x35cm - Oleo
WIP
 SOLD


Now on to something completely different for a change of pace! One of my goals for the last few months has been to get out to do more plein air work so I have cleared up Fridays and I am going out painting, rain or shine!   I have gone out with the Al Frescoes before, I am joining them again. They are a group that gathers every Friday Morning in different parts of the city and paint or draw.  At noon, everyone gathers, there's a bit of show and tell and shared packed lunch. It is really nice to see other people's work and meet new artists.  Today, it was very flat and grey but I persevered and in the end I ended up with an alright sketch. Of course, now that I took the photo and uploaded it I already see some changes that need to be done. Will get to them in the next few days.  We started at 9 something and by 11 I couldn't feel my fingers anymore and by 12 my toes were gone as well!  It was absolutely wonderful to get in the warm car when we were done!  Next time I'll remembre to take some pics of us painting! :)

I don't like most of what I paint outdoors, but the process is the point; and I know it will
make me a better painter. (Gaye Adams

*****

Acá vamos con algo completamente diferente!! Una de mis metas estos últimos meses ha sido salir más a pintar al aire libre así es que he marcado todos los viernes del calendario y voy a salir a pintar, llueve o truene!! He ido con un grupo llamado los Al Frescoes en el pasado y voy a empezar a salir con ellos. Son un grupo que se junta todos los viernes en distintas partes de la ciudad y pintan o dibujan.  Al mediodia todos se reúnen, se muestra lo que se hizo esa mañana y se comparte el almuerzo que cada uno a traído. Es muy bueno salir y juntarse con otros artistas, conocer a nuevos. Hoy todo estaba muy muy gris pero seguí adelante y terminé con un bosquejo aceptable. Por supuesto, apenas le saco foto y lo subo aca, veo algunas cosas que tengo que cambiar, lo haré en estos próximos días.  Empezamos a las 9 y pico, a las 11 ya no sentía los dedos de las manos y a las 12 ya no sentía los dedos de los pies tampoco! Fue absolutamente maravilloso sentarnos en el auto caliente  a la vuelta! La próxima vez voy a tratar de acordarme de sacar fotos mas fotos. 

No me gusta la mayoría de lo que pinto al aire libre,  pero el proceso es lo que importa,
sé que me va a ayudar a que sea una mejor pintora. (Gaye Adams


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...