Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 22 of 30: Silver Bits

"Silver Bits" - 10x10 - Oil on Canvas
"Pedacitos Plateados" - 25x25cm - Oleo
SOLD


I made a mistake today.... I looked at the weather forecast to decide whether to go plein air painting with the Al Frescoes.... After yesterdays rain, it called for more today, it was very dark too at 8 so I decided to stay in the studio. Well.... wouldn't you know it that by 10 it was not only not raining but wide open blue skies. Speaking of skies, one of the artists from the Al Frescoes organized  at the University a a talk on clouds. I went this afternoon (I live right next to Uvic) and enjoyed, it was very informative, hopefully what I heard today translates somehow onto the canvas.....
Today I went back to painting from a live bouquet my friend brought over last weekend! She knew that I would end up painting it..... it took me a few days to get to it but in the end I tackled it. What attracted me the most to it were the silvery blue eucaliptus leaves in there, absolutely love them. The painting is 100% resolved but it's close.
Thanks Judy for the flowers!!

"The painting is always finished before the artist thinks it is." -  (Harley Brown)

*****

Hoy cometí un error.... me fijé en el pronóstco del tiempo  para decidir si ir a pintar con los AlFrescoes o no.... Después de la lluvia de ayer, hoy se pronosticaba mas lluvia, estaba oscuro a las 8 de la mañana y decidí quedarme a pintar en el taller. Por supuesto a eso de las 10, no sólo había parado de llover  sino que había salido el sol y estaba el cielo azul,  totalmente despejado. Hablando de cielos, uno de los artistas de los Al Frescoes organizó en la universidad una charla sobre nubes. Fui esta tarde (vivo al lado de la uviversidad) y la disfruté mucho. Espero que lo que escuché hoy de alguna forma se transfiera a mis cuadros....
Hoy volví a pintar de una ramo que una amiga me trajo el fin de semana! Ella sabía que lo iba a terminar pintando, tardé unos cuantos días en hacerlo pero finalmente decidí atarcarlo. Lo que me atrajo de entrada para pintar esto fueron las ramas de eucaliptus, me encantan. El cuadro no está totalmente resuelto pero está cerca. 

"Un cuadro siempre está terminado antes de que el pintor
decida que esté terminado" -  (Harley Brown)


4 comments:

  1. I love those leaves too Marcela! and the deep blue background is perfect against those wonderful brights! charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! I may tackle it again today, from a different perspective, stay tuned :)

      Delete
  2. A WOW!
    Thanks for sharing this and good luck with the rest of the month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! We are almost done eh? It's always bittersweet when the challenge is over. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...