Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 29 of 30: Beacon Hill Ponds


"Beacon Hill Ponds" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Estanques de Beacon Hill" - 20x25cm- Oleo


"My set up and view today
Mi equipo y vista de hoy

Today it was plein air Friday with the Al Frescoes and despite the horrible weather forecast (80% chance of rain and wind) I went. Of course, luckily it wasn't as bad as the forecast said it would be which was great! I have to confess though that even when Beacon Hill Park is an amazingly beautiful park, I rarely find things that I am really excited to paint there.... My friend Sharlene and I walked around for a good while getting photos and trying to find THE spot.... we finally settled to paint by the main ponds. I liked the red bushes and the light from a break in the clouds that was reflected in the water so.... that is what I did! By the end it was raining and it was time to pack up. When I got home I had to get rid of a bench I had painted in my painting..... It's not outstanding but it was a good effort for plein air. It's my least favourite painting of the month! Thanks for stopping by,
Marcela






A kid had given some seeds to the ducks. :)
Un niño le había dado de comer a los patos



Yes, Victoria, BC, Canada in the middle of winter :)
Si, esto es Victoria, BC, Canadá en el medio del invierno

New sculpture created in the park using mossy rocks
Escultura nueva en el parque usando las rocas con musgo


Many peacokcs just strolling by me
Muchos pavos reales que paseaban al lado mío


"To look, to see, to understand, to capture – however imperfectly – is to be part
of the land in a way like no other." - (Jan Blencowe)


*****


Hoy es viernes de paintar al aire libre con los Al Frecoes y a pesar del pronóstico del tiempo que anunciaba 80% de posibildades de lluvia y viento, fui lo mismo. Por supuesto y por suerte no estuvo tan malo como estaba anuciado! Fuimos al Parque Beacon Hill que es un lugar hermoso pero tengo que confesar que  es raro que vea cosas ahí que me muero de ganas de pintar.... Mi amiga Sharlene y yo caminamos durante un buen rato sacando fotos y tratando de encontrar EL lugar.... finalmente decidimos pintar estos arbustos rojizos, anaranjados al lado de los estabques principales. Me gustaban los arbustos y la luz que había en el claro en el cielo con uss reflejos en el agua.... asi que eso es lo hice.  Cuando ya estabamos terminando había empezado a llover; cuando volví a casa tuve que borar un banco que había incluído originalmente en el cuadro.... No es el mejor pero es un buen esfuerzo para ser pintada al aire libre, Es mi cuadro menos preferido de todo el mes!! Arriba incluí algunas fotos de hoy.Gracias por pasar a visitar!


Marcela

"El poder mirar, ver, comprender y capturar - aunque sea forma imperfecta - es ser parte
de la tierra como no se es de otra forma." - (Jan Blencowe)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...