Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Day 11 of 30: Hollyhocks

"Hollyhocks" - 9x12 - Oil on Canvas
"Malvas" - 22x30cm - Oleo
SOLD


This  past summer I took a photo of these beautiful hollyhocks from my daughter's boss' garden. I have never painted them nor have I had them in my garden. Well.... today this is changing, I am painting them and I will make sure I have some  growing in my yard next summer! Love the shapes of the flowers and the buds growing on the stocks!!

After the first brush-stroke, the canvas assumes a life of its own; at this point, you become both governor and spectator to your own event. (Anonymous

Thank you for stopping by, 

Marcela

*****

Este verano  saqué una foto de estas hermosas  "malvas" (no sé si esta es la traducción exacta, en Argentina yo no había visto estas plantas)  que estaban en el jardín de la casa del jefe de mi hija. Nunca había pintado estas flores ni tampoco las he tenido en mi jardín, bueno, hoy las cosas cambian. Las estoy pintando y voy a plantar seguro algunas en mi jardín para tener flores este vearno! Me encantan la forma de la flor y  los pimpollos que crecen en el tallo.

Después de la primera pincelada, el lienzo asume vida propia; entonces tú te conviertes
en gobernante y espectador de tu propio evento. (Anonymous)

Gracias por visitarme,

Marcela

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sheila! Thank you for sharing about the postcard exchange..... I'll see if I can get myself together to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...