Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Day 14 of 30: Pacific Sunset

 
"Pacific Sunset" - 12x24 - Oil on Canvas
"Atardecer en el Pacífico" - 30x60cm - Oleo
SOLD







Like I said yesterday, I have been wanting to paint skies for a while.  Yesterday I finished the day wanting to do the same one I did yesterday, or along the same lines, but larger so I did today! The thing with sunsets for me is that I see them out there in nature and they look absolutely amazing, then when I paint them, even though those are the colours and values you see in the sky, they look kind of cheesy.... Regardless, I had a blast today, blending in subtleties that you can't really see in the photo. The  islands on the front "emerged" and it was a total "Bob Ross Moment" going: "And here we are going to add a happy little island..... "  Hope you enjoy it, it made me smile, as a matter of fact I am smiling as I type :)


Off to swim now before dinner and a meeting tonight.... packed days force me to be organized!!


"Art is a way of life and I create 24 hours a day…maybe not always holding a brush,
but by seeing, thinking and feeling" - Linda Wilder

*****

Como les dije ayer, hace rato que quiero pintar cielos. Ayer terminé el día queriendo pintar el mismo de ayer, o  parecido, pero más grande así que lo hice hoy! La cosa con estos atardecedres es que cuando uno los ve en la vida real tienen estos colores y tonos espectaculares que cuando los pinto parecen exagerados. A pesar de eso, disfruté mucho de este cuadro hoy,  mezclando en el lienzo las distintas tonalidades que no se pueden apreciar en la foto. Las islas que ven "aparecieron"  y fue un "momento Bob Ross" cuando dije "Y acá vamos a agregar una islita feliz.... " me hizo sonreir, es más, estoy sonriendo mientras escribo esto..... (Boss Ross era un pintor que tenía un progarma de tv donde enseñaba a pintar).

Me voy a nadar, después cena y una reunión esta noche.... días muy ocupados como hoy me hacen me fuerzan a ser organizada!!

"El arte es una forma de vida y yo creo las 24 horas.... tal vez no sea siempre teniendo un pincel en la mano, sino, mirando, pensando y sintiendo" - Linda Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...