Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Day 19 of 30: Work in Progress

On The Easel - Not finished
En el atril - Sin terminar
20x20 - Oil on Canvas
50x50 - Oleo


Well... it seems I love getting myself into trouble and I knew it  before I even started but I continued anyway. LWhat can I say?  I like learning! ....  I knew that tree would give me grief and it did.  The grief comes from the fact that I don't want to portray realistically painting each branch  but it's hard not to do that with the tree being  in the foreground like that.  It's not finished, again, there are some things that I like about it but the tree is not developed, (I'll probably wipe off half of those branches as soon as I am done with the blog and I need to look at that boat again. Have homework before I touch this painting again though: study how my favourite painters did subjects like this, should have done that before trying to do it eh?
Something else to notice is the colour of the ocean, it is so different each time you look at it. Depending on the sun position, the time of day, wind, depth you get completely different hues of blue, green, turquoise. I am enjoying exploring that.... the different colours of the ocean.

Realize the value of putting down your first impression quickly. (Charles Hawthorne)
(I did not do that with the tree and it shows :)

*****

Y bien, parace que me encanta meterme en problemas y sabía que esto iba a pasar pero seguí adelante de todas formas, que les puedo decir, me gusta aprender! ..... Sabía que ese árbol me iba a dar trabajo y así fue. El trabajo vino porque no quiero representar el árbol realisticamente pintando cada rama pero como está en primer plano es difícil no hacerlo. El cuadro está  sin terminar, hay algunas cosas que me gustan mucho pero el arbol necesita un poco mas de trabajo (o probablemtne menos detalle mirandolo ahora de nuevo) y tengo que volver a mirar al velero. Tengo deberes que  hacer antes de tocar este cuadro de nuevo: Estudiar y ver cómo trataron este tema mis pintores favoritos, tal vez debería hacer echo eso antes de empezar no?
Algo más interesante para notar es el color del mar, es tan tan diferente de acuerdo a la posición del sol, la hora del día, el viento, la profundidad, se ven tonalidades verdes, azules, turquesas, celestes completamente diferente de acuerdo a esos  detalles. Estoy disfrutando de esa exploración en este desafío, los distintos colores del oceano.

Date cuenta de la importacia de poner tu primera
impresión rapidamente. (Charles Hawthorne)
(No hice eso con el árbol y se nota :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...