Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 23: Island Portrait

"Island Portrait" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Retrato de una Isla" - 20x25cm - Oleo


Today I am short on time because of a late afternoon/early evening commitment and a late run I went for this morning! Yep! You've heard right.... I  have started again..... just to get back to fitness... not to run a marathon again :)


My 2 running partners, Maya, my dog and Camila, my daughter
Mis 2 compañeras de corridas, Maya, mi perra y Camila, mi hija


Maya always ends up a a 2-tone dog after her outings!
Maya siempre termina de 2 colores cuando sale!


So what I decided to do was to finish something I had started a couple of years ago. It was a plein air sketch I had done on the boat on our last day of our holidays. The sun was very high, the boat was spinning on the anchor a lot so my view point kept changing and I ended up with something that had mostly mid range values and maybe a future.  I have been wanting to finish it so today was the day. I am not sure if it's done yet or not, will move it to the observation pile for a few days, which is getting bigger!) :)  This little island is just outside of Ganges Harbour in SaltSpring Island, last summer when we stopped there again, they were starting to build a house on it...  But my husband just told me the house is gone now?? Maybe it caught fire or something?

"It's a simple and generous rule of life that whatever you practice,
you will improve at." - (Elizabeth Gilbert)
(I hope so!!)

*****


Hoy no tenía mucho tiempo  por un compromiso esta tarde y una corrida tarde esta mañana... Si, escucharon bien... he empezado a correr de nuevo.... simplemente para estar en estado... no para correr otra maratón :)

Por eso fue que decidí terminar algo que tenía empezado hace un par de años. Era un bosquejo que había echo en el velero el último día de nuestras vacaciones. El sol estaba muy alto, el velero giraba sobre su ancla mucho ese día por lo que se me cambiaba el punto de vista todo el tiempo y terminé con este cuadrito que tenía los valores demasiado en el medio, eran todos iguales pero tenía futuro. Hace rato que quiero terminarlo y hoy fue el día. No estoy segura si está terminado del todo.... pasa a la pila de observación por unos días, pila que sigue creciendo! :)
Esta islita está  en el Puerto Ganges en la Isla Saltspring, el verano pasado volvimos y habían empezado a construir una casa  pero mi esposo me acaba de decir que la casa en construcción no está más... tal vez se incendió?

"Es una regla simple y muy generosa de la vida: lo que vos practiques,
vas a mejorar." - (Elizabeth Gilbert
(Espero!!)



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...