Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Day 20 of 30: Last Few Minutes of Light

"Last Few Minutes of Light" - 8x8 - Oil on Canvas
""Los Ultimos Minutos de Luz" - 20x20 cm - Oleo
Donated to Westshore Arts Council


Today was one of those days that I just wanted to putter around in the studio, finish paintings and tidy up and not necessarily paint but because I am not ahead in the challenge, I had to do a painting..... So I set out to do something simple, I turned it into a value study of sorts, I also wanted to stay in the blue palette as the last few skyscapes I ended up very purple. The important thing for me is that I showed up.... whether I felt like it or not.  Two thirds of the challenge are done, 10 more days!! Last little bit to go!!

"It is better to be sorry for what we did than for what we did not do." - (Anonymous)  

*****

Hoy fue uno de esos dís que quería simplemente temrinar cuadros, ordenar y no necesariamente pintar oero como no estoy adelantada en el  desafíio tuve que pintar lo mismo..... Así es que decidí hacer algo chico y simple, se transformó un poco en un estudio de valores yquise también quedarme en los azules ya que varios de los cuadros anteriores terminaron bastante violeta. Lo importante es que trabajé de todos modos, aunque no tuviera ganas. Ya llegamos al último tramo del desafío..... quedan 10 días, un poquito no más!!

 "Es mejor  rrepentirse de lo que uno hace más que de lo que uno no hace."-  (Anonymous)



2 comments:

  1. Here's to showing up... this is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila, as a matter of fact that's the best we can do, right? Just show up at the studio day after day and magic happens! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...