Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2016

#16 0f 30: Sandstone Windows (WIP)"

 "Sandstone Windows" - 12x18 - Oil on Canvas
"Ventanas de Piedra Sapo" - 30x45cm - Oleo
Work In Progress
Sin Terminar


I wanted to do a few BC Landscapes to change things up a bit.... This is a typical sight anywhere around the Gulf Islands.  Some of the islands in particular have a lot of sandstone on the shore. Water and time have carved the most beautiful shapes in them, many times creating very interesting and beautiful , formations, caves and overhangings. I ran out of time today or rather, I ran out of focus. I stopped half way through the painting to go a friend's show opening  and when I came back, worked at it for a while longer but I am starting to mess things up which means time to stop!! I need to work on several areas for it to be finished but I am calling it a day.... After all, I am  the boss, aren't I??? I'll post it again once finished. Enjoy your evening!

"Art is about paying attention" - (Laurie Anderson
so as I was not paying attention any more, I stopped.....
*****

Quería hacer algunos paisajes de British Columbia para cambiar un poco las cosas.... esta es un paisaje muy típico de las Islas del Golfo. Algunas islas mas que otras tienen muchas rocas de piedra sapo... el agua y el tiempo han calado y formado las rocas de formas muy interesantes, en algunos casos creando cuevas y techos.... Hoy me quedé sin tiempo, o mejor dicho me quedé sin concentración. Paré a  a la mitad para ir a la recepción de apertura del show de una amiga artista y cuando volví seguí un rato pero estoy empezando a hacer lío lo que queire decir que tengo que parar!! Tengo que trabajar en varias áreas del cuadro para que esté terminado pero por hoy se acabó.... después de todo, so yo la jefa no?? Cuando esté terminado se los muestro de nuevo.  que pasen una buena noche!

"El el arte es cuestión de prestar atención" -  (Laurie Anderson
Como ya no estaba prestando atención, paré..... 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on taking up the challenge and now being half way through! This is lovely just as it is. I like the consistency of the shapes in brushwork throughout and it's a very lively statement in color and the changing landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheila! I worked on it a bit b=more this morning and I am stopping again to look and evaluate :)
    Thank you for stopping by and commenting Sheila, really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mary for stopping and leaving such a thoughtful comment, I have worked on it bit more this morning and I will let it be for a while.... onto number 17 now!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...