Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day 24 of 30: Eternal and what not to do


"Eternal" - 12x24 - Oil on Canvas
"Eterno" - 30x61 cm - Oleo
This painting today is an experiment (probably not to be repeated by me). I painted this a long time ago in acrylics, I  had several goes at different points in time throughout the last few years. Each  time I had separate parts of the painting working but I was never really satisfied with it so I always pu tt aside.   Recently, I said, Oh I know.... I'll have a go at it with oils as I am really enjoying them more and I feel I could represent what I want to say with them. Maybe I can finish it like that.....  Well.... I've had a couple of trys and today is the last one probably. I am not pleased with it but I will give it a few days and see how I feel then. My lesson learnt is: Sometimes, it's better to just put them on the burn pile and start from scratch!!!

"I've spent so long on some paintings that I no longer know what to think of them, and I am definitely getting harder to please; nothing satisfies me..." - (Claude Monet)
*****

Este cuadro de hoy es un experimento (que probablemente no vuelva a repetir). Lo empecé hace varios años en acrílico, tuve varias sesiones en distintas ocasiones para ver si lo podía terminar. Cada vez tenía distintas partes del cuadro que funcionaban o no pero nunca estuve totalmente satisfecha. Hace unas semanas dije: Ah Ya sé, le voy a poner óleos arriba, ya que los estoy disfrutando mucho y creo que voy a poder expresar mejor lo que quiero decir, de esa manera tal vez lo temino.... Volví a intentar entonces un par de veces  y hoy probablemente sea la última vez..... No me gusta como ha quedado pero le voy a dar unos días y ver qué me parece entonces. He aprendido una lección: Muchas veces es mejor mandar algunos cuadro a la pila para quemar y empezar de nuevo!!

"He trabajado tanto tiempo con algunos cuadros que ya no se lo que pienso de ellos, y soy cada vez mas difífil de complacer; nada me satisface... " - (Claude Monet)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...