Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 29: Sanctuary

"Sanctuary" - 12x16 - Oil on Canvas
"Santuario" - 30x40cm -  Oleo sobre Lienzo
$290

Painting is interesting and it is always different. Sometimes you get on a roll and things work out..... Some other times they don't. After the crow coming out so easily, I decided to paint some flowers from life and they were just NOT really working so I wiped it out and decided to finish one that was very close to being done. Wiping was very liberating!!  I had started this one at a workshop with Barbara Callow. Barbara is a very talented local artist and she was great at showing us how oils work which were newish to me. I had not quite finished it and being pressed for time today I chose to make my unfinished pile a little bit smaller!
I am quite pleased with the way it turned out.... I have found in the last 30 days that taking a photo of my painting for posting makes me see it in a different light. Typically it will help me resolve something or point something out that I need to change. In this case I need to change one part of the reflection so it makes more sense.
This painting is of a bird sanctuary at Albert Head Lagoon in Metchosin, about 20 minutes from my house.
Thanks for visiting!

******

El pintar es interesante y siempre distinto. A veces todo va sobre ruedas y las cosas funcionan bien... Otras veces no tanto. Después de que el cuervo casi se pintó solo, decidí pintar unas flores que habia comprado esta mañana y simplemente NO funcionaron así que limpié el lienzo y decidí terminar una empezada que le faltaba poco. Limpiarla así y empezar de nuevo fue muy liberante! Había empezado esta en un curso con Bárbara Callow, una artista local de mucho talento. Ella fue muy buena en mostrarnos como funcionan los óleos que eran relativamente nuevos para mi. Le faltaba poco para terminarla y como tenía poco tiempo elegí achicar un poco mi pila de piezas sin terminar!
Estoy bastante contenta con como salió.... He descubierto en estos últimos 30 días que el sacar una foto de mi cuadro me hace ver las cosas de otra manera. Normalmente me ayuda a resolver algo que no funcionaba o me señala  algo que tengo que cambiar. En este caso quiero cambiar una parte de los reflejos para que tengan más sentido. 
Este cuadro es de un santuario de pájaros en Albert Head Lagoon en Metchosin, a unos 20 minutos de mi casa.
Gracias por visitarme!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...