Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 21: Fun at 18


"Fun at 18" - 4x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Diversión a los 18" -  10x15cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo
SOLD - VENDIDO

I mentioned a couple of days ago how a friend had "called" for painting number 17.... Just the other day I was telling another friend about this so she looks at me and says: 21.... So there it goes .... More pressure.... After thinking hard about what to paint for this one I knew it had to be related to how I came to know this friend much better last year. We trained for 5 months for the BMO Vancouver Marathon (for the non-runners, a marathon is 42.2 km or 26.1 miles) We spent MANY hours together, running, laughing, crying, pushing and pulling each other. I LOVED our training and we did have a lot of fun during those months despite being one of he hardest things I have done.  Inevitably at the beginning of every long run on the weekends (which got progressively longer of course to 36k to be our longest one) we would go through the "sillies" at a certain point, around 8 to 10 k into the run and we would just laugh till we had tears running down our cheeks. We would follow that by periods of utter silence each going deep within ourselves, we would check on each other every now and then: "you ok?-yep, you?- Good" and we would just keep going. We ran the marathon in May 2012 (my first and quite possibly my last one) and it was one of the best days of my life. During the marathon at about 17 or 18 km into the race, I pulled out the phone to take a picture of us and by accident while putting it away I snapped this shot. When I downloaded it I almost erased it but stopped myself when I realized it was Lori's shadow (incluidos her pony tail) on the pavement. Today I painted that one as I liked the almost abstract quality to it and it was just fun! I also painted another one which I will post tomorrow.

Thank you Lori for sharing a great accomplishment in my life. (Actually for making me do it!)

*****

Hace un par de días  les conté como un amigo me pidió el número 17.  La semana pasada le conté a otra amiga de so y ella me Mora y dice: 21.... Así qué ahí vamos de nuevo, presión!!.... Después de pensar mucho en qué iba a pintar decidí que tenía que estar relacionado con cómo conocí mucho más a esta amiga el año pasado. Entrenamos durante 5 meses para correr la Maratón de Vancouver (para mis amigos que no corren, la maratón tiene 42.2km!). Pasamos MUCHAS horas juntas, corriendo, riéndonos, llorando, empujando nos y arrastrandonos la una a la otra. ME ENCANTO nuestro entrenamiento y nos divertimos muchísimo durante esos meses  (a pesar de haber sido una de la cosas más difíciles que he echo en mi vida). Inevitablemente, en todas las corridas largas en cada fin de semana (que se hacían cada vez más largó hasta llegar a 36km la más larga) pasábamos por la etapa de la "tontera", alrededor de los 8 o 10 km nos ha garreaban ataques de risa hasta que nos caían las lágrimas. Seguido a eso siempre teníamos u. Periodo de silencio total en el que cada una entraba dentro de sí misma y de vez en cuando nos preguntábamos: "estas bien?- si, vos? - también" y seguíamos no más. Corrimos la maratón en Mayo de 2012 (mi primera y casi seguro mi única) y fue uno de los mejores días de mi vida. Durante la maratón, a los 17 o 18 km saqué el teléfono para sacarnos una foto y por Accidente al guardar el teléfono saqué esta foto. Cuando baje las fotos, casi la borré pero me di cuenta que era la sombra de Lori sobre la calle y su colita de caballo mientras corriamos.  Hoy pinté esto porque me gustó la calidad abstracta que tenía la foto. También pinté otra que voy a poner en el blog  de mañana.

Gracias Lori por compartir conmigo un gran logro en mi vida (bueno, en realidad gracias por hacerme hacerlo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...