Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Day 19: Clamb Bay

"Clam Bay" - 12x12 - Oil on Cnavas
"Bahia de las Almejas" - 30x30 cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo
$200

The last week of August we went sailing for a week around the Gulf Islands. This was the view I had when I woke up in the morning and started painting it right there on the boat but couldn't finish it that day. Never got to get back to it since I started the 30 in 30  challenge and today I had very limited time so I decided to have a go at finishing this one instead of starting a new one.  I am not happy with the end result and can see some things wrong right off the bat. (My horizon line is dangerously close to the centre to begin with.  I may go back in and change some things.) But at least I have something to post for today! I didn't think I would have time for anything! 

*****

La última semana de Agosto fuimos a navegar durante una semana en la Islas del Golfo. Esta es la vista que tenía cuando me desperté y empecé este cuadró en el velero ese día. No he podido  terminarlo porque empecé con este desafío de los 30 en 30. Hoy tenía muy poco tiempo y decidí internar terminar este. No estoy muy contenta con el resultado ya que veo errores de entrada. (Mi línea del horizonte está peligrosamente cerca de la mitad, tal vez corrija algunas cosas) Pero por lo menos tengo algo para poner hoy! No creí que iba a tener tiempo para nada!

2 comments:

  1. Honestly the horizon line doesn't bother me because you have enough breaks and variations with the other islands and it breaks everything up. I think it looks fabulous! Beautiful palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharlene! I took a lot of artistic license and changed some things that were not reading well and that is how I ended up with the line in the centre. I may lower it a bit. I still like the feel of it though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...