Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 1: Cherries

"Cherries" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Cerezas" - 12x17cm - Oleo
SOLD
                                               
Well, there it is! What a day! Talk about preasure!
We had some cherries yesterday and I have wanted to give them a try for a long time. Now, why would I pick something unfamiliar for the first day of the challenge??? Who knowns!   I struggled and of course the two-headed monster inside my head was very busy telling me everything that was wrong with my painting. Good  lesson today on learning to trust yourself and shut the monster up for a while.
I am 80% happy with it, there are some things I really like, some I don't, but day 1 is done now. :)

*****

Bueno, acá esta! Que día! Hablemos de tener presión!
Ayer cominos cerezas y hace rato que quiero probar a pintarlas. Ahora me digo, por que tengo que elegir algo que no me es familiar para el primer día del desafío??? Quien sabe!  Me costo y por supuesto el monstruo de dos cabezas dentro de la mía estaba súper ocupado diciéndome todas las cosas que estaban mal. Buena lección hoy, aprender a confiar en uno mismo  y hacer que el monstruo se calle un rato.
Estoy 80% contenta, hay algunas cosas que me gustan y algunas que no pero por ahora el día 1 esta listo. :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tones and colours, nice composition with the corner of the paper - its sharp edge contrasts with the smoothness of the cherries, drawing one's attention to them and making me want to eat them! Next time try bringing in a tiny bit of that blue undertone into the highlighted bits of the cherries just to make the painting more cohesive overall. Our instructor always told us to bring a bit of the background colour into the main subject/foreground. Otherwise off to an amazing start!
    ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Vanessa for the comments and suggestion!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...