Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 23: Happy Birthday!

"Happy Birthday" -  6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Feliz Cumpleaños  -  15x15cm - Óleos sobre Lienzo
$75

Today it is my son's Mateo 14th Birthday, so thinking of him today I painted this cupcake. I ended up procrastinating to get started (actually among other things I had to bake the real cake!) and only had a short time to do this fun piece. It is nowhere close to what I wanted it to look like but up it goes anyway! 
Incredible that we only have 7 days left of the challenge. There are a lot of artists still going strong! You can take a look at what other artists are creating on Leslie's Blog. They say it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Going into the studio everyday whether I feel like it or not has been great so far and something that I plan to continue after the challenge is over.  I am having fun with it and I feel I am learning a lot!

*****

Hoy es el cumpleaños  de mi hijo Mateo, 14 años, y pensando en el pinté esta tortita. Procrastiné bastante esta mañanas al final (en realidad entre otras cosas tuve que hacer la torta de verdad!) y sólo tuve un rato para terminar esta pieza divertida. No está ni cerca de lo tenía en mente pero la subo lo mismo!
Es increíble que faltan solamente 7 días para terminar el desafío. Hay muchos artistas que todavía  siguen trabajando duro! Pueden ver sus trabajos en el blog de Leslie. Dicen que uno tarda 21 días en formar un hábito nuevo y hasta hora ir al taller todos los días, con ganas o sin ganas, ha sido muy bueno y un hábito que voy a continuar. Lo estoy disfrutando y estoy aprendiendo mucho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...