Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 17: Lunch?


"Lunch?" - 8x10 - Oil on Canvas
"Almuerzo?" -  20x25cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo
$120


Now, this is the stuff I LOVE to paint! It is not quite finished but it is a good start, there are a few things that I  want to correct/add but it is going in a very good direction. 
So at the beginning of this challenge I announced I was doing this and a friend said right away: Number 17 is mine. I told him: Well, shouldn't you wait? See what I kind of stuff I start painting?.... He said that was what came to his mind. I was wondering at the time what to paint and then about a week ago it came to me. I took this shot in Saltspring Island, a few ago when we were on our sailing vacation. I had printed a dozen pictures or so from that trip that I want to paint and this is the one I picked for Day 17. This friend and I met many years ago, live in different cities and don't get to see each other very often. 
It is a good thing I painted it yesterday as we were in transit today.  We are at Quadra Island right now, tomorrow is our 19th wedding anniversary (Yes, holy cow! time flies! ).  I already know what I am painting tomorrow, I am excited to go explore the island, take lots of pictures  and maybe even set home paint box in some special spot while hubby and dog for a walk!
Thanks for the vote of confidente Bryce! Hope you like it!

*****

Esto es el tipo de cosas que me encanta pintar! No está terminada pero es un buen comienzo, hay algunas cosas que quiero corregir/agregar pero ya va en una buena dirección. 
Al principio de este desafío, anuncié lo que estaba por hacer y un amigo me dijo que la número 17 era de él. Le dije: no te parece que tenés que esperar? Ver que tipo de cosas pinto? Y me dijo que no, que cuando leyó lo que yo estaba por hacer el 17 fue lo que le vino a la mente. Desde entonces que me pregunto que  qué iba a pintar y la semana pasada decidí qué era. Había sacado esta foto en la Isla Saltspring cuando fuimos de vacaciones hace un par de semanas. Había ya imprimido una docena más o menos para pintar y esta es la que elegí para el Día 17. Este amigo y yo nos conocimos hace muchos años, vivimos en ciudades diferentes y no nos vemos mucho. 
Fue buena idea haberla pintado ayer ya que hoy estábamos en tránsito. Estamos ahora en la Isla Quadra. Mañana es mi aniversario de casada, 19 años, (si, que bárbaro cómo pasa el tiempo!) Ya se lo que voy a pintar mañana. Estoy entusiasmada con ir a explorar la isla mañana, sacar muchas fotos y hasta en una de esas armar la caja de pinturas y hacer un cuadrito mientras mi esposo y mi perra van a caminar!
Gracias por le voto de confianza Bryce! Espero que te guste! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...