Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 2: Japanese Anemone

"Japanese Anemone" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas
"Anemona Japonesa" - 12x17 cm - Oleo
$75



I have had a growing bunch of Japanese Anemones in my garden for many years (they spread a lot!). Every Fall just as I am enjoying them a lot they get chopped off by deer in my front yard and I happy to say that I beat them  this year!
I had to stop painting today as I had a lot of paint on that canvas and I am still learning to use oils. I have painted in watercolours and acrylics mainly, only picked up oils in the last few months. It is a mental shift and I must say I am enjoying them a lot.
There are over 300 artists registered for doing this challenge, you can go and take a look at what other people are doing on Leslie Saeta's blog. Every day everyone posts their daily work on her blog.

*****

He tenido un cantero cada vez mas lleno con Anémonas Japonesas en mi jardín durante mucho años (se reproducen mucho). Todos los otoños, justo cuando mas estoy disfrutando las flores, los ciervos vienen y se comen todas las flores. Este año les gané!
Hoy tuve que parar de pintar porque terminé teniendo demasiada pintura sobre el lienzo y  todavía estoy aprendiendo a usar los óleos. He pintado con acuarelas y acrílicos principalmente, solo empecé con óleos hace unos meses y tengo que decir que los estoy disfrutando mucho.
Hay más de 300 artists anotados en este desafío, pueden ver lo que otra gente esta creando en el blog de Leslie Saeta. Todos los días todos suben las fotos de lo que han pintado ese día.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...