Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 10: Bath Time


"Bath Time"  - 6x8 - Oil on Canvas
"Hora de Bañarse"  - 15x20cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo
SOLD - VENDIDO

Every morning I read a whole bunch of blogs from many different artists whose work I like from different parts of the world. This morning I was reading one by Julie Ford Oliver and she was talking about painting things around you that are already set up, looking for the "accidental groups which just happen everywhere around us." That totally inspired me to get the easel out to the back yard and paint these little vignettes I have everywhere right in front of me. (Specially now before winter is here and the rain begins!!!!). Thank you Julie!! 
I started today with this bird bath I bought this summer which is  just outside my kitchen.  The challenge today was that I only had a small block of time this morning and then couldn't get back to it until well after dinner, of course the light was completely different. Ran out of light and had to finish in the studio from the photo I had taken is morning.
There was another quote I read this morning  going through my head today that I kept repeating to myself: "Leave your strokes alone"  (Ted Smuskiewicz) Always have to remind myself of that, specially with oils!!
Thanks for Reading!

*****

Todas la mañanas leo varios blogs de distintos artistas de diferentes parte del mundo cuyos trabajos me gustan. Esta mañana estaba leyendo uno de Julie Ford Oliver en el que ella hablaba  de pintar cosas  que estén alrededor nuestro ya armadas. Se trata de buscar "esos grupos accidentales que ocurren en todos lados alrededor nuestro". Eso me inspiró a sacar el caballete al patio y empezar a pintar escenas chiquitas que tengo ya armadas en distintos lugares de la casa y el patio. (Especialmente ahora antes de que venga el invierno y empiece la lluvia!!!!) Gracias Julie!
Empecé hoy con esta "bañera para los pajaritos" que compré este verano y que está afuera de mi cocina. Lo difícil fue hoy que que tenía solamente un rato a la mañana y no pude volver a pintar hasta bien después de la cena, por supuesto la luz había cambiado completamente. me quede sin luz y tuve que terminar  adentro con una foto que había sacado esta mañana.
Esta mañana  leí otra frase  que tuve presente todo el día y me repetí varias veces mientras pintaba: "Leave your strokes alone"  (Ted Smuskiewicz) . Siempre me tengo que recordar eso!!
Gracias por leer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...