Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 25: Going Places

"Going places" - 8x8 - Oil on Canvas
"Yendo" - 20x20cm - Oleo sobre Lienzo

SOLD


I have always been attracted to paths, trails, roads; I guess it is the sense of adventure they may have, the sense of discovery and the fact that you are going somewhere. It seems that I am on that theme right now as I am on number 3 and have 2 more to go this week. Some of these are probably studies for larger paintings later on. For the last week and a half I have known ahead of time what I was painting each day, I had the line up for the whole week ready and it has been really good to have that plan. Liz Wiltzen mentioned in her workshop that she always leaves her studio knowing what she is going to be painting the day after and I can see how that makes such a difference in how productive the day is. There is no waste of time in deciding whether I am painting a lemon, a peach ir a landscape for instance. I have the next 3 days placed for sure now and can hardly wait till tomorrow to get started with the next ones!


*****

Siempre me han gustado los senderos, caminos, calles; supongo que es por el sentido de aventura que tienen, el sentido de descubrimiento y dirección. Me parece que estoy siguiendo esa temática esta semana ya que voy por la tercera  y tengo 2 más por pintar en los próximos 2 días. Algunos de estos cuadros chiquitos son estudios que tal vez se transformen en cuadros grandes  más adelantes. Esta última semana y media he sabido exactamente lo que iba a pintar ese día. Tenía la lista para la semana entera y ha sido realmente muy bueno tener ese plan. Liz Wiltzen menciono en su curso que ella siempre deja el taller sabiendo exactamente qué va a hacer el día siguiente y veo que eso hace un mundo de diferencia en lo productivo que es el día . No hay perdida de tiempo en decidir si ese día se pinta un limón o un durazno por ejemplo. Tengo los 3 próximos días planeados y apenas puedo esperar hasta mañana para empezarlos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...