Pages

Monday, September 15, 2014

Italian Door - #13 of 30


"Italian Door" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Puerta Italiana " - 20x25cm - Oleo

SOLD



This is another front door in Venice, this time not on the water! 
The texture of the wall with the plaster all falling was so beautiful next to the green of the plants and the dark door. So many times there are beautiful apartments behind these doors that have been completely restored and  renovated. The one we were staying for example was like that, from the outside it looked like "Oh my gosh!" but inside it was very nice! 

Had somewhat of a hard day, things were not working. I worked on another painting and I haven't decided if I will wipe it off or work on it some more to see if I can make it work. I decided to change gears, printed some more photos and went for something that looked like it could be fun and it was!! I am pleased with the results. :)

*****

Esta es otra puerta veneciana, pero esta vez no sobré el agua. 
Me encantó la textura del reboque caído y los ladrillos al lado del verde la planta y la puerta oscura. Muchas veces detras de puertas como esta  hay departamentos muy hermosos que han sido renovados y restaurados. En el que paramos nosotros por ejemplo era así; de afuera uno miraba y decía, |"Hay Dios mio!",  pero adentro estaba muy bueno. 

Tuve un día bastante frustrante, no salía nada. Trabajé en otro cuadro y todavía no he decidido si lo voy descartar o terminar. Al final, lo abandoné por hoy, cambié de rumbo, imprimí más fotos y elegí algo que tenía pinta de divertido y así fue. Estoy satisfecha con los resultados del día. :)



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Shar! At first I didn't like it as much as I do now, it may be my favourite fromt he challenge so far :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Marcela ~ love the lighting - the flower pot is beautiful! Congrats on doing the 30 in 30 again. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Di! The flower pot is my favourite part actually. i am so glad I did the 30 in 30, I learn so much from it every time I do it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...