Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Lake Boats - #28 of 30


"Lake Boats" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Lanchas" - 15x15cm - Oleos


I have had this photo of Lago di Como printed for a while  but  didn't tackle it before as  I was worried about the buildings. I tried to not get very tight with it, not thrilled with the results but it was good to try. Actually, now that I think about it I was having more trouble with the colour than with the drawing and design. The reason for it was that I started with a dirty palette from the previous painting and was too lazy to get properly set up to be honest. Lesson learnt with this one: Always start with fresh and paint and palette. Getting to the end of the challenge and I feel I haven't even gone through 10% of the reference material I brought back from Italy. :)

*****

He tenido esta foto del Lago di Como lista para pintar desde el comienzo pero no la ataqué hasta ahora porque estaba preocupada con los edificios. Traté de mantener la espontaneidad, no estoy super contenta pero es un buen comienzo. En realidad, ahora que pienso, no fueron las formas y el diseño que me dieron trabajo sino los colores. La razón de eso fue que empecé con la paleta con los colores que habían sobrado de la pintura anterior y tuve demasiado pereza para arreglar todo de la forma debida para ser honesta. La lección aprendida entonces es: Siempre empezar con pintura y paleta fresca. Estamos llegando al final del desafío y no he llegado a tocar ni un 10%  de las fotos que trade del viaje a Italia. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...