Pages

Friday, October 16, 2015

Light on the Ridge - Day 4 of 260


"Light on the Ridge" - 6x8 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Luz sobre la Cresta" - 15x20 - Oleo
SOLD

This painting was the second one painted in Pocket Lake the last day in the Bugaboos. The weather that day as I told you before  was changing every 5 minutes. As we were getting down to  the ridge where we were to paint that day I saw a little pocket of  beautiful light on the ridge and it didn't take very long until the whole back mountain was covered by clouds and the light was gone. I spent the morning thinking of it while I painted something else. But later on, the clouds moved and I quickly started painting,  realizing I didnt't have too long before the clouds that were coming in would cover the light AGAIN. They did indeed cover up everything so as I was already started I concentrated on the moutaiin in front hoping the clouds would move. And AGAIN thankfully they did and I was able to finish the back ridge and put in in the gorgeous little pocket of light, which was not the same, but I  clearly remembered it from the morning. I didn't do too much once in the studio, just keyed up the light a bit more and darkened the silhouettes of the trees. This is probably my favourite painting I did on the trip and it was a great exercise on "visual memory". That light was very much stuck in my head and I used lots of that "memory" while the clouds were playing with me!

*****
Este cuadro fue el segundo del día que pasamos en Pocket Lake, el último día en los Bugaboos. El tiempo ese día como les conté anteriormente cambiaba cada 5 minutos. Cuando estabamos aterriznado en este lugar vi un pedacito hermoso de luz y no pasó mucho tiempo antes de que estuviera totalmente cubierto por nubes. Me pasé la mañana pensando en esa imagen, mientras pintaba el otro cuadro. Pero después, las nubes se fueron y comencé rapidamente a pintar porque sabía que no tenía mucho tiempo antes de otras nubes lo cubrieran DE NUEVO. Efectivamente enseguida no mas las nubes regresaron, cubriendo todo DE NUEVO y como ya había empezado, me concentré en la montaña de adelante esperando que las nubes se fueran. NUEVAMENTE por suerte se fueron y me dejaron ver   las montañas de atrás y la luz, que no era lo mismo pero yo la recordaba claramente de la mañana. No le he agregado mucho a este cuadro una vez en el taller, le aclaré la luz y oscurecí las siluetas de los árboles. Creo que este es mi cuadro favorito de los que pinté en el viaje  y fue un ejercicio excelente de "memoria visual". Esa luz estaba grabada en mi cabeza y usé muchos elementos de esa memoria mientras las nubes jugaban conmigo!!



#175

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...