Pages

Friday, October 30, 2015

Witness

"Witness" - 24x36 - Acrylic on Canvas
"Testigo" - 61x91 cm - Acrílico
$780 - Unframed

Contact me for Purchase

I am so happy I have 2 paintings accepted into the Federation of Canadian Artists 2015 Juried Fall Show!!!  They are Witness (above)  and Thankful, my tribute to Thanksgiving I showed here

I painted Witness back in the Spring which I hadn't shown before and it is an image of a Totem Pole in Thunderbird Park , downtown Victoria. There are many totem poles in the city, carved by native artists throughout time. They are beautiful pieces of art and they carry wonderful stories with them. I called this one Witness because it's been there for so many years and I imagine it has witnessed many many things, from tourists strolling, taking photos to seasons, storms, generations.... I will have to go and find out the story behind this one maybe. Wonder where I go for that?

Show runs from  Oct 30 to Nov 26 and it is held at  Goward House, 2495 Arbutus Road.  There is a show opening reception Sun Nov 1, 2-4 pm. Unfortunately I don't think I can be there as I will probably be out of town.  (Remember to switch your clocks on Sunday for Daylight Savings!) Please note Goward House is open Monday to Friday  9-4 pm.



"Life is short, art is long" - Hippocrates


*****

Estoy muy contenta  de tener 2 cuadros aceptados en la Muestra de Otoño-2015- de la Federación de Artistas Canadienses!!  Ellos son "Testigo" (arriba) y "Agradecida", mi tributo al Día de Acción de Gracias que les mostré aquí. 

Pinté "Testigo" en la primavera y es una imágen de un Totem que esté en el Parque Thunderbird en el centro de Victoria.   Hay muchos totems por toda la ciudad, creados por artistas nativos . Son hermosas piezas de arte que cuentan historias locales. Titulé esta pieza "Testigo" ya que este totem está ahí desde hace muchos años y me imagino que ha sido testigo de tantas, tantas cosas: desde turistas , paseando y sacando fotos  a estaciones del año, tormentas, generaciones....  Voy a tener que tratar de averiguar el cuento de este. Me pregunto dónde puedo averiguar eso?

La muestra va desde el 30 de Octubre hasta el 26 de Noviembre, en la Casa Goward, 2495 Arbutus Rd. Hay una recepción de artistas el Domingo 1 de Noviembre de 2 a 4. Lamentablemente creo que no puedo ir ya que no voy a estar en Victoria. (Recuerden cambiar los relojes una hora el domingo!! Por favor tengan en cuenta que Goward House está abierta de Lunes a Viernes de 9 a 4 .


"La vida es corta, el arte es largo" - Hipócrates



#160

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...