Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Year of Art Making: November - Month 2


November - Month 2 of A Year of Art Making
Noviembre - Mes 2 del Año de Hacer Arte


A few days ago marked the end of the second month of my 260 Days of Art Making Project. I love to pause and actually take stock of what I did accomplish during this time! So far I had been feeling I hadn't gotten as much done these past 30 days BUT when you actually sit down and look..... it's not bad! Not everything is show-worthy of course but that is not what it is all about at the moment.  Not everything fit in the collage so I left a few pieces out.

So I am just plugging along with my commitment to a year of disciplined art habits. I am learning to recognize my own patterns and the fact that it is ok to have days that are less creative or rather, days in which not as much gets accomplished. In the end though,  when you do tally up, it all adds up.
I need  to find the best way of organizing the day. Sometimes I paint first and then do the "office" side, like blogging and posting. Sometimes I do it the other way around. Don't knowwhat I prefer yet.... What I am finding is that it IS true that you DO spend a lot of time doing those other things that are related to painting, just as I hear lots of successful and experienced artists say.

This is what happened this last month:
- I created 26 days out of 30
- I blogged and posted on social media at least twice a week for the whole month. (less than last month but still ok for me)
- Finished 3 small paintings from plein air or from photographs
- Did 2 small paintings from life
- Did 4 zentangles
- Did 4 zentangles on Bird Houses
- Did 6 abstract colour studies
- Did drawings/illustrations and sketches
- Did 5+ mixed media projects
- Attended a Calligraphy class and a weekend workshop on Mixed Media.
- Painted a T-shirt for my son's Halloween costume!! ;)
- Published my first newsletter. Something that has been on my to-do list for quite a while and finally took the time to learn how to do it!  (If you are not on the mailing list for it, you can sign up right here)

I am pleased that I am exploring as I wanted and I am working on improving my skills all the time. I am going to count monthly from now on as it seems easier. I am on day 56 of 260 though..... getting to a quarter of the way there???

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but  a habit" - Aristotle

*****

Hace algunos días concluyó el segundo mes de mi proyecto 260 Días de Hacer Arte. Me encanta pausar y ver lo que he echo durante este tiempo! Hasta ahora  me parecía que no había echo tanto como el mes anterior PERO cuando uno se sienta y evalúa la verdad es que no está tan mal! No todo es para mandar a exhibiciones por supuesto, pero eso  no es lo que estoy enfocada en este momento. No entró todo lo que hice en  este collage que puse arriba, dejé algunas pieza afuera.

Asi es que sigo en marcha  con mi determinación de hacer un Año de Disciplina de Hábitos Creativos. Estoy aprendiendo a reconocer mis ritmos y el aceptar que es ok tener días en los que no se logra demasiado. Al final, cuando uno cuenta, todo suma. Necesito encontrar la mejor forma de organizar el día. A veces pinto primero y después hago las tareas de "oficina", como el blog. Y a veces lo hago al revés. No se todavía qué prefiero. Lo que sí estoy encontrando es que es verdad que todas esas otras tareas relacionadas con mi pintura llevan mucho tiempo, como he escuchado que dicen a muchos artistas con éxito y experiencia.

Esto es lo que conseguí hacer este mes pasado:
- Creé arte 26 días de los 30.
- Escribí el blog y en medios sociales de forma consistente todo el mes. (Por lo menos dos veces por semana, menos que el mes anterior, pero suficiente para mi)
- Terminé 3 cuadros de fotos 
- Hice 2 cuadros  de naturalezas muertas en el taller.
- Hice 4 zentangles
- Hice 4 zentangles en casitas para pájaros. 
- Hice dibujos, ilustraciones y bosquejos 
- Hice 5 omas trabajos de media mezclada.
- Fui a una clase de caligrafía  y a un curso de un fin de semana para aprender sobre Medios Mezclados. 
- Pinté en una remera para el disfraz de Halloween de mi hijo, ;)
- Publiqué mi primera carta de noticias, algo que hace mucho tiempo que tenía en mi lista y finalmente le dediqué el tiempo para aprender a hacerlo. (Si no están en la lista, pueden anotarse acá, pero es una carta en inglés por  ahora. Voy a ver de crear la misma en español y les aviso para que se anoten en esa lista )
Estoy contenta porque estoy explorando como yo quería y sigo trabajando para mejorar mis habilidades. Voy a empezar a contar por mes de ahora en adelante. Voy por el día 56 de 260.... Ya casi tengo un cuarto echo!??!!  Muy contenta!!


"Nosotros somos lo que hacemos de forma repetitiva. La excelencia no es entonces un acto sino un hábito" - Aristóteles




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...