Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Start Line & Merry Belated Christmas

"Start Line" - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas
"Línea de Largada" - 15x15cm - Oleo

SOLD
(This is the only photo I have of it, unfortunately, not the best one)

Wow, I certainly took a holiday from blogging didn't I? I was happy painting my life away and all of a sudden I realized Xmas was in one week and I hadn't done much to get ready for it other than taken out decorations for painting! (Well.... I had put them  up after I painted them!) Anyway, I got really busy with my birthday, my daughter home and the season itself. The little time left I had was for painting and drawing but never got to posting anything  here. I have certainly enjoyed (and still am) my daughter being home from university!

I had to save "Start Line" from posting as it was a commission  to be a Xmas present for someone . Now that Xmas has passed, I can go ahead and publish it. A couple of years ago I did several paintings from images I had taken at a local yearly sailing race here in Victoria called Swiftsure. I had sold the paintings, (see here and here) and when this person contacted me for one of them, I just painted another one!  She loved it, hope hubby did too! :)



On a different note, I am very exctied to have singed uop for the 30 day Painting challenge coming up Jan 1. Leslie Saeta hosts this challenge every year and this is going to be my 5th one. I have done 3 full ones, one half one from the hospital last Jan and I am eager to get going with this one. I am going to focus (I think) on flowers and gardens but I will give myself the freedok to either change things up if they are not working or if I get inspired to go in a different direction. If you are an artist, I highly encourage you  to do it as there is tremendous growth that happens when you do things consistenly for a perdiod of time. I have certainly seen gowth in myself! Go to the link above to sign up for it. I will blog about it here and post on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. :)  Connect with me there by the way and share the joy!)

I hope you have all had a nice Christmas!

Marcela

***** 

Wow!  Me tomé vacaciones del blog no? Estaba muy contenta pintando la vida y de repente me di cuenta que la navidad era la semana siguiente y no había echo nada mas que sacar algunas decoracions para pintarlas! (bueno.... si había decorado un poco la casa)  La cosa es que me ocupé mucho con mi cumpleaños, mi hija en casa y los preparativos navideños. El poco tiempo libre que me quedaba lo usé para pintar y dibujar y no para escribir acá. Les muestro mas adelante lo que pinté en esos días!

Tuve que esperar para mostrarles este cuadro ya que era un pedido para regalo de navidad y ahora que la Navidad ya ha pasado lo puedo publicar. Hace un par de años hice algunos cuadros de imágenes tomadas al comienzo de una carrera de veleros acá en Victoria que se llama Swifsure. Una clienta me contactó porque quería uno y como ya los había vendido, (veanlos acá y acá)  pinté otro. Le gustó mucho por suerte, espero que le haya gustado al esposo también! :)
   
Hablando de otro tema, estoy entusiasmada con haberme anotado para hacer otro Desafío de 30 Cuadros en 30 Días que empieza el 1 de Enero. Leslie Saeta lo organiza todos los enero y septiembre  y este va a  ser mi quinto. He echo 3 completos y uno a medias desde el hospital el año pasado y estoy ansiosa porque comience este. Voy a enforcarme en pintar flores y jardines pero con la libertad de cambiar rumbo si quiero. Si sos artista, te recomiendo hacerlo ya que yo he visto crecimento increíble cuando uno hace algo de forma consistente durante un período de tiempo.  Ciertamente yo he crecido mucho como artista con los anteriores! Vayan a anotarse en el link anterior. Hay gente de todo el mundo.  Voy a por supuesto compatir lo que hago en este blog y en Facebook, Instagram y Twitter. :) (Pueden conectarse ahí conmigo también y compartir!)

Espero que todos hayan tenido una Navidad especial!

Marcela



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...