Pages

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Grey Afternoon: 17 of 30

"Grey Afternoon" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Tarde Gris" - 20x25cm - Oleo
Marcela Strasdas



This was  the third and last painting of the day at the end of Old Town in Yellowknife, NWT. The minute I walked out to the point I had seen these trees and all the movement they had  but I didn't really want to paint just "the trees". But then as I finished the second painting and seeing we still had some time I found the right spot and finally did it. I was interested in capturing the movement I saw  and the way they just dominated the corner. I am pretty pleased with it even when I know I have to touch up lots of things. Unfortunately it didn't travel well on our second leg  to Arctic Haven and it got a few marks I'll have to repaint. It was a wonderful day of painting for sure!
Note: Last Friday morning my beloved Ipad stopped working. Since getting home from the Arctic trip I have spent 7+ hours fixing it, on the phone with Apple and Microsoft (awesome service from both!). Finally, Sunday morning I got it solved and I have everyhting working again, nothing lost too thanks to having everything on the cloud. 
I am behind sharing the paintings but I have already painted all 30 and then some!

*****

Este fue el tercer y último cuadro del día en Old Town in Yellowknife, NWT. Apenas entré a esta zona ví estos árboles  y todo el movimiento que tenían pero no quería pintarlos tan de cerca. Finalmente, una vez que había terminado los otros dos cuadros y como me sobraba tiempo, busqué el ángulo que me gustaba mas y comencé. Me interesaba mas que nada capturar el movimiento que tenían y cómo dominaban ese rincón del lago. Estoy bastante contenta con el resultado a pesar de tener que cambiar y retocar algunas cosas. Desafortunadamente, la pintura se dañó un poco al transportar el panel a Arctic Haven que fue la próxima etapa de nuestra aventura. Se marcó en algunos lugares y voy a atener que pintar nuevamente. La pasamos muy bien ese dia!
Nota: El viernes pasado mi  amado Ipad dejó de funcionar. Desde que llegué a casa del Artico, me pasé mas de 7 horas tratando de arreglarlo, con ayuda por teléfono de Apple y Microsoft ( servicio  buenisimos de los dos!). Finalmente el domingo a la mañana logré solucionarlo y por suerte tengo todo funcionando bien y no he perdido nada, gracias a que tenía todo en la nube.
Se que estoy muy retrasada con el blog pero ya he terminado de pintar los 30 cuadros!

#389

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...