Pages

Friday, March 11, 2016

Crossing Over

"Crossing Over" - 6x6 - Oil on Birch Panel
"Cruzando" - 15x15cm - Oleo
$100

SOLD

This is the second painting I did that Friday a couple of weeks ago at Saxe Point, I had some time left, not enough to get engaged in a larger piece but enough to roughly sketch something. As always, there are so many paintings to be painted in each location, I just moved my easel and I had something completely different, different light, different palette. I like how this one came together,  specially the  softness of the fog bank. I finished it in the studio where I added some touches of light.
Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend,
Marcela

"Plein-air painting is my response to the moment - the reflected light in the water
or the mood created by the shadows." - (Keith Bond)

*****



Este es el segundo cuadro que pinté hace un par de semanas en Saxe Point. Tenía un poco de tiempo, no lo suficiente para empezar uno grande pero si para bosquejar algo. Como siempre, hay tantos cuadros para pintar en cada lugar! Simplemente moví mi atril un poco y estaba mirando a un cuadro completamente  diferente, diferentes colores, diferente luz. Me gusta cómo quedó este, especialmente la niebla. Lo terminé una vez de vuelta en el taller donde le agregué un par de luces.
Gracias por visitarme, que tengan un hermos fin de semana,
Marcela

"El pintar al aire libre es mi respuesta al momento - la luz que se refleja en el agua
o el ambiente creado por las sombras." -  (Keith Bond



2 comments:

  1. Thank you Sheila! We are so blessed to live here and see views like this one all the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...