Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

More Than Enough

"More Than Enough" - 10x10 - Oil on Canvas
"Mas que Suficiente" - 20x20 cm - Oleo
$200

Email me to Purchase

I said I was behind in posting and I was not kidding.  I did this one about a month ago and I never posted it becasue I wanted to change a couple of things to it. I went about it a bit differently than usual without so much drawing and planning as I was wanting to put more than anything my impressions of the bouquet on the canvas. I am not sure I was successful in that, but I am pleased with the result.... The title comes from thoughts that were going through my mind while painting and after finishing..... Many artists, including myself, usually have a monkey on our shoulder, nattering things in our ear, things that are typically not good.... that painting is not good, what are you thinking? You are not good, they are better, etc, etc, you get the picture....  When I finished painting I went, you know what?? You ARE more than enough! I was actually discussing this with a fellow artists just the other day. We have to do daily work on this, I do at least,  and the best way to shut the monkey for me is to DO, to be in action. When I don't DO, the monkey gets louder. While I am busy doing, the monkey has no space to talk too much, or if he does, I can't hear him! :) We just have to remember to be kind to ourselves.

"Real confidence only comes from study and practice." - (Harley Brown

Happy Monday!!

Marcela


 *****

Les dije que estaba atrazada con mostrarles cuadros y no era en broma. Pinté esto hace como un mes pero quería cambiarle un par de cosas. Ataqué este lienzo de forma diferente a como lo hago siempre, menos planeado, con menos dibujo inicial,  ya que quería poner más que nada mi impresión del ramo de flores sobre el lienzo. No estoy segura si tuve éxito en hacer eso o no pero estoy bastante contenta con el resultado.... El título viene de pensamientos que pasaban por mi cabeza mientras pintaba y después de haber terminado.... Muchos artistas, yo incluída, tenemos un monito sobre el hombro  que nos dice cosas en el oído, normalmente cosas no muy buenas... ese cuadro no es bueno, de dónde sacaste esa idea? vos no sos muy buena, los otros son mejores, etc, etc, se dan idea de los que les digo.... Cuando terminé el cuadro, me dije: "Sabés qué?? SI que sos más que suficiente! Justamente estaba charlando sobre esto con otra artista hace unos días. Tenemos que trabajar en esto a diario, yo por lo menos, y la mejor forma de que el mono se calle es HACER, entrar en acción. Mientras estoy ocupada  haciendo, el mono no tiene espacio para decir mucho, o al hacer no lo puedo escuchar! :) 
tenemos que acordarnos de ser amables con nosotros mismos.

"La confianza real sólo viene del estudio y la práctica". - (Harley Brown)  


Feliz Lunes!

Marcela

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sheila, I love painting flowers :) They make me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...