Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Anchored & Old Timers in a Show

"Old Timers" - 8x10 - Oil on Birch panel
"Viejitos" - 20x25 - Oleo
$160

Click Here to Purchase

"Anchored" - 16x16 - Oil on Canvas
"Anclado" - 41x41cm - Oleo
SOLD



I am very pleased and excited to have 2 paintings accepted into the Federation of Canadian Artists  2016 Spring Exhibition. It is always an honour to be part of shows with this group. "Anchored" was painted this last January when I was experimenting with larger oils. I was pleased with the results. "Old Timers" was a plein-air piece I did last summer while we were anchored at Genoa Bay.

Painting "for" shows can be a stressful event for me. It seems that in the back of my head I am always judging every single stroke I make: "Oh no, this will ruin it, this doesn't work..... blah, blah, blah" and it makes me get tighter and tighter with my painting, in this way completely losing the fun of painting. I was working on something different from what I submitted for this show and that added stress of "this painting has to work out". It paralyzed me and I didn't finish them in time. So instead of not submitting anything,  I took a look at other paintings I had produced during this past year and picked 2 I felt comfortable submitting to be juried. I was VERY pleased when they did get in. This reinforces my idea that we must just paint, whatever we are called to paint at the moment, loving and enjoying the process. If we manage to  do that, there will be gems worthy of  juried shows and events.

The show runs from April 6 -17 with an opening reception today Sunday, April 10 from 2 to 4 pm. I will be in attendance today so please say hi if you stop by. The show is at Coast Collective Gallery, #103 - 318 Wale Road in Colwood  (Open Hours: Wed to Sun 11 to 5 pm.)

"The pressure of constantly showing work motivates
me to paint every day." -  (Linda Blondheim


*****


Estoy muy contenta ya que tengo 2 cuadros aceptados en la Muestra de Primavera de la Federación de Artistas Canadienses. Siempre es un honor participar en las exhibiciones organizadas por este grupo.  Pinté "Anclado"  este Enero pasado cuando estaba experimentando con óleos mas grandes. Estoy bastante contenta con los resultados. "Viejitos"  fue un cuadro que pinté al aire libre este verano pasado cuando estabamos anclados en una bahía que se llama Genoa Bay.

El pintar específicamente "para" exhibiciones juradas es muy estresante a veces para mí. Parece que  es como que yo juzgara cada pincelada que doy.... "Oh, no, esto va a arruinar el cuadro, esto no funciona.... blah, blah, blah". Esto hace que poco a poco me paralice, y de esta maner no disfruto mas el pintar. Estaba trabajando en  un par de cuadros espcíficamente para esta muestra y con el estres de "este cuadro me tiene que salir bien", no los terminé a tiempo. Asi que en lugar de no presentar nada, me fijé en lo que ya tenía pintado este año pasado y seleccioné 2 cuadros. Me puse MUY contenta cuando fueron selccionados para ser parte de la  muestra. Este proceso fortalece mi idea de que debemos pintar de acuerdo a lo que nos inspira en su momento, disfrutando del proceso y al hacer eso, va a haber ciertas piezas que se destacan para ser presentadas en mustras juradas.

Esta exhibición va desde el 6 al 17 de Abril con una recepción hoy Domingo 10 de Abril de 2 a 4 pm. Voy a estar ahí hoy asi que pasen a saludar si pueden. La muestra es en la  Galería de Coast Collective #103 - 318 Wale Road en Colwood (Miercoles a Domingo de 11 a 5 )

 "La presión para continuamente exhibir mi trabajo
me motiva a pintar a diario." -  (Linda Blondheim






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...