Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Happiness

"Happiness" - 9x12 in - Oil on Canvas
"Felicidad" - 23x30 - Oleo
SOLD

I don't know why I am having such a hard time writing on the blog.... the good thing is that I am still creating and painting, just not sharing....

This is a commission I had a while back and I am very pleased with how it turned out. Michelle is friend who has gone through quite a bit in the last while. She wanted to have some of my art in her home and chose a piece similar to this one which was sold. I had been wanting to paint it again in oils this time, the previous one was acrylics, fortunately she was very pleased with it. I helped her hang it in her home and as soon as they were up (she got 2 of my paintings :) she said "Oh , Happiness" and that's how the name for the painting came. I wish you Michelle a lot of happiness in the coming years! Thank you for choosing to have my art in your home, I am touched!

Interestingly enough, this inspiration and reference for this piece has changed dramatically, those trees are no longer there, they have been cut in order for the planned development to go ahead. I drove that road for 5 years and that sight took my breath away every time I saw it, it was the old site for Coast Collective, my old job. Gorgeous spot, I trust new trees will replace these ones and one day they will be just as beautiful!  

"Buy art because you like it and because it moves you,
and because it enhances your life." - (Dan Fear)


*****

La verdad es que no sé por qué me está costando tanto escribir en el blog… Lo bueno es que sigo creando y pintando, simplemente no estoy compartiendo…

Este es un pedido que alguien me había echo hace un tiempo y estoy muy contenta con el resultado. Michelle es una amiga que ha tenido malos momentos estos últimos tiempos. Ella quería tener un cuadro mío en su hogar y eligió uno similar a uno que yo ya había vendido. Lo bueno es que yo tenía intenciones de pintarlo de nuevo pero en óleos esta vez, el anterior era en acrílico, y por suerte, a ella le gustó mucho. La ayudé a colgarlo en su hogar y apenas terminamos, ella dijo "Oh, Qué felicidad" y así es como surgió el nombre a este cuadro.  Michelle,  te deseo mucha felicidad en los próximos años,  gracias por elegir tener mi arte en tu casa! Es un honor!

De forma interesante, la inspiración y referencia para este cuadro ha cambiado dramáticamente, esos árboles ya no están, los han cortado para comenzar con la construcción de departamentos  que estaba planeada. Yo pasé por esa calle durante cinco años ya que es la antigua ubicación de Coast Collective, mi antiguo trabajo,  y admiré y disfruté esta vista cada otoño. Es un lugar muy bello, seguro que van a plantar nuevos árboles en lugar de los viejos y algún día van hacer tan hermosos como estos.

"Compra arte porque te gusta y te mueve,
y porque eleva tu vida." - (Dan Fear)


6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Marcela.Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! How is the puppy? Getting ready for our mini challenge?? For whoever is reading this, if anyone, Laurie and I have talked about doing a 15 in 30 days painting challenge in June..... any takers??

      Delete
    2. Sounds like fun Marcela. I should be settled from the move by then. Let me know if you want me to help spread the word :)

      Delete
    3. Yay Sheila! The more the merrier! We want to keep it simple so we can all concentrate on working on it, just posting in our own social media places.... but maybe we could have a list of participating artists somewhere... hmmm....

      Delete
  2. So sad to think they are all gone. But wonderful how you have captured their beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sad, but I am sure it will be good again in a few years!Thank you Sheila!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...