Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

#35: Early Spring


"Early Spring" - 8x10 - Oil on Board
"Comienzo de la Primavera" -  20x25cm - Oleo
$120


I started this painting back in April and it was my first plein-air sketch in oils. I honestly didn't quite know what I was doing with oils. However I kind of liked the fresh feel it had. It had started raining so I hadn't had a chance to finish it quite back then that day. My oils were quickly turning into watercolours!! So in my quest to finish half done pieces and my lack of time at the present moment I grabbed this one yesterday. I am not sure yet if I am happy with it but  I like it for what it is: a plein-air sketch. But I am not sure I did a great job when you start considering all the things to think about for a successful painting. Overall, it depicts the trees we have ALL around us here. Small lakes and trees. This was at the Boys & Girls Club in Sooke (A summer camp place for kids)

*****

Empecé esta pintura en la primavera en Abril y fue el primer estudio en plein-air (al aire libre) con óleos. Honestamente no sabía muy bien qué  hacer con los óleos. Sin embargo, me gusta el espíritu libre y poco trabajado que tiene este sketch. Había empezado a llover, los óleos se estabn convirtiendo en acuarelas y no lo había terminado ese día. A sí que ahora mi misión de terminar piezas a medias y mi falta de tiempo en este momento me llevó a agarrar este estudio hoy. No estoy muy convencida todavía si me gusta o no pero estoy contenta con el resultado si consideramos lo que es: un sketch en plein-air. No estoy segura si he echo un buen trabajo cuando pensamos en todos los elementos necesarios para tener una pintura lograda. En general, muestra lo que tengo alrededor por TODOS lados en esta zona. Laguitos y árboles. Ese día habíamos estaba en el Club de Los Chiocs y Chicas en Sooke. (Una especie de campamento para niños en el verano).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...