Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

#31: Orange

"Orange" - 5x7 - Oil on Canvas 
"Naranja" - 12x17cm - Oleo

SOLD


I think that the goals have been set. I want to get to the 100 paintings I was talking about  and this is coming from one of a letter Robert Genn wrote a long time ago. I actually just went digging in the Painter's Keys website and found it! It was in 2004!! In it, someone starting to paint wants to get some criticism from him about her painting and  his response was "Go do another 100 and come back". I am sure I have painted more than 100 paintings in my life time but I want to do them within a certain period of time as  that when I believe you can actually develop your  work and there can be progress. (Click here to see that clickback on The Painter's Key website) I haven't quite set the time frame yet though. I would like to get it done before the end of the year but I need to be realistic as to everything else happening in my life at the moment, including a trip to Argentina in December to spend Xmas down there.  I am starting to count since June 2013 which is when I actually started painting again and I am up to 45 finished (or almost finished) pieces :) I'll start posting the ones you haven's seen yet as they were painted  before the challenge. The deadline maybe the end of January and that would be very "doable" as there is another challenge coming in Jan! I have a couple more goals that I will be sharing with you in the next few posts (which will actually happen not everyday but just a few times a week)

So here we go with number 31. I painted this the week after Liz Wiltzen's workshop and just starting with oils.

*****

Creo que he dedicidio cuales son mis metas próximas. Quiero llegar al número 100 del que hablaba hace unos días y esta idea viene de una de las cartas  semanales que Robert Genn escribió hace mucho tiempo. Acabo de ir a su website y la encontré! Fue en el 2004!! En esta carta, una persona que está empazando a pintar quiere  que él le critique lo que había pintado y el respondió: "Andá a hacer otras 100 y volvé" Yo estoy segura que  he pintado mas de 100 piezas en mi vida pero quiero hacerlo dentro de una cantidad determinada de tiempo porque creo que asi es como uno puede desarrollar un estilo y se puede ver progreso. Sigan este link para ver esa carta en el sitio de Robert Genn que se llama La Clave del Pintor (o algo asi) No he determinado todavía cuál va a ser el límite de tiempo que me voy a poner. Me gustaría terminarlo antes de fin de año pero se que tengo que ser realista con todo el resto de cosas en mi vida, incluyendo una viaje a Argentina para Navidad. Voy a empezar a contar desde Junio de este año que es cuando empecé a pintar de nuevo y ya tengo 45 piezas terminadas (o casi terminadas) :) Voy a empezar a poner acá en el blog los que no han visto que pinté ante de comenzar el desafío. El límite sea tal vez a fines de Enero y eso sería bastante posible ya que hay otro desafío en Enero! Hay otro par de metas que voy a comparit con uds en los proximos dias. (No voy a poner cosas en el blog todos los días)

Acá vamos entonces con la número 31. La pinté la semana siguiente al curso con Liz Wiltzen y estaba empezando con óleos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...