Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

30 paintings in 30 Days





As I said at the beginning of this all, I watched artists this past January do what I just did. I was so envious of all their painting time, their progress and their results. I was wishing at the time I was doing it with them but being quite sure that I couldn't do it for whatever reason came up. Didn't think I could do it. When I saw it come up again I knew it was time and I am so happy I did it. I feel I have grown as an artist, learnt a lot (from blogging  to creating a collage today and many things in between). I know some of you have felt this past month like I felt last January, wishing you were doing it with us. :) Well.... Leslie is doing it again in January so get ready and jump in! I already know there is at least one more artist here in Victoria doing it! It was fun, hard and very rewarding.
I will continue to paint at a slower pace now that the challenge is over. I will continue with the practice of painting small daily paintings, except that they will be "almost daily" and I also want to work on some larger pieces. I want to get to a 100 paintings starting to count from last June when I took that workshosp with Liz Wiltzen but I haven't set a specific date yet. (By the end of the year crossed my mind but I am not sure I can do it, I have to go count how many I do already have :)  Goals keep me going and focused. I will continue the blog and hope to have you stop by and visit again! 
Enjoy the collage! 

 *****

Como dije al principio de todo esto, este Enero pasado miré a un montón de artistas hacer lo que yo acabo de hacer. Tenía tanta envidia del tiempo que le dedicaban a su pintura, sus progresos y sus resultados. Deseaba poder hacerlo con ellos pero sabía que no podía por cualquier razón que se me ocurriera. No creía  que podia hacerlo. Cuando ví que hacían el desafío de nuevo supe que era el momento y estoy tan contenta de haberlo echo. Siento que he crecido como artista, he aprendido mucho (desde como hacer un blog hasta armar este collage hoy y muchas más cosas en el medio). Yo se que algunos de Uds. se han sentido este mes como yo me sentí el enero pasado, deseando estar haciéndolo con nosotros :) así que tienen que prepararse porque en Enero Leslie lo hace de nuevo! Ya se que hay aunque sea una más acá en Victoria que va a participar!
Yo voy a seguir pintando a un ritmo más liviano, voy a seguir con la práctica de pinturas chiquitas "casi" diarias y quiero completar algunas piezas más grandes. Quiero llegar a 100 empezando a contar desde Junio cuando tomé ese curso con Liz Wiltzen pero no he puesto una fecha todavía. (Se me cruzó que tal vez sea antes de fin de año pero no se si tengo tiempo, tengo que contar cuantas ya tengo listas) Esas metas son las que me mantienen motivada. Voy a seguir con el blog y espero que me sigan visitando! 
Disfruten del collage!

6 comments:

  1. Just getting around to checking out some of the other artists in the 30 in 30 challenge. Nice to meet you here! Nice collage. I like your varied but very cohesive body of work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandy! I was on yours this morning , tried to send you a note but couldn't ! :) Thanks for stopping by, looking forward to enjoying some more of your art!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful job on the 30 in 30! Would love to connect on facebook!
    ~Happy Painting,
    Kellie
    https://www.facebook.com/kellielynnart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kellie! Started a Facebook page now! Marcela Strasdas - Artist
      Happy painting right Back at you!

      Delete
  3. Your work looks wonderful all together, Marcela! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, so does yours! It was hard work but fun wasn't it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...