Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Organizing


It is sooooo nice to work in an organized space! For the 30 days challenge I sort of cleared the space I needed to paint and got busy! There was no time for turning my studio into to a really functional place. My studio is in half of he garage of our house. There is a wall partitioning both sides of the garage so it does feel like its own space.  I have excellent shelves for storage, a great window, heat and it works. I really like the fact that it is IN the house as that allows me to turn on the oven for instance if I have to or the kids can easily get me if they need anything. (I have a 14 year old son Mateo and a 16 year old daughter, Camila) As I haven't actually painted too much in the last 5 years, things had gotten just shoved in there over time and it was not working, so I spent a bit of time in there the last couple of days and I am thrilled with the results!  Not very happy with the overhead  lighting I have but I have to do some research what I want in there. Fellow artists out there, what  kind of lighting do you have in your studio?  Looks like I have canvases and boards for another 30 days! Time to get back into creating!


*****

Es tan bueno trabajar en un espacio organizado!!!! Durante los 30 días del desafío había ordenado un poco mi taller para pintar y me puse a trabajar! No había tiempo para transformar mi taller en un lugar realmente funcional. Mi taller está en el garage de nuestra casa. Hay una pared que hace de división entre los 2 garage así que es como si fuera una habitación. Tengo estanterías excelentes para guardar cosas, una ventana grande, calefacción  y funciona bien como taller. Me gusta especialmente el echo de que está DENTRO de la casado raque de da forma puedo perder el horno por ejemplo si me hace falta o los chicos me pueden venir a buscar si me necesitan (tengo un hijo Mateo de 14 y una hija! Camila, de 16). Como no he pintado mucho en los últimos 5 años, las cosas se habían apilado con el tiempo y el espacio no funcionaba así que en los últimos dos días he reorganizado todo y estoy súper contenta con los resultados! No estoy muy contenta con la luz artificial que tengo pero tengo que hacer un poco de investigación con respecto a lo que quiero ahí. Artistas: que luz artificial usan en sus talleres?  Parece que tiengo suficientes lienzos y maderas para otros 30 dias! Es hora de volver a crear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...